Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Little Heartbeat



Today we went to Dr. Bristow's office to verify that the pregnancy was "viable". This is what we've been waiting for for FOUR long weeks! To see the heartbeat. Jeff and I walked into the little room and luckily they had a little chair in there just for Jeff. I thought he was about to faint when he saw the "Stirrups".

Without going into the gory details, a small black thing popped up on the screen. I was panicked because I initially thought that I was supposed to hear something or see something and I didn't. Then ever so suddenly, we see a very small blinking light on the screen. That was the heart beating!!! at 8 weeks pregnant, we can see the heartbeat, can you believe it? I was so overwhelmed at that point! I cannot believe that anyone can think that this is anything less than a miracle. We even saw a little bit of an arm and a little bit of a leg, (although I might not be able to point that out to you now!)

So it was a great day and a great visit! Everyone at the office was wonderful and so excited for our little heartbeat! Now it's off to find an obstetrician!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! It is the most wonderful that will happen to you! My little one is almost 3 months now and I can't imagine life without my little Madelyn!! Hope all is going well :)