Wednesday, August 13, 2008

4 Months Old!




So Brady turned four months old last week while we were at the beach. So, today we went to see Dr. Gates and get his shots! Woo-Hoo they were so much better than last time. I was not looking forward to a whole day with a fussy fussy baby but it really wasn't too bad. I think I maybe prevented some of it with a dose of Tylenol before we got there.

He now weighs 13 pounds and 14.5 ounces and is 25 inches long! He's moved up to the 50th percentile on weight and he's above the 50th in height! How much bigger than our 5th percentile when he was born! Yay! I LOVE getting him weighed when we go to the doctor! It's so much fun! I am dying to start solids... I'm not sure why I'm so extremely excited about it, but I am! Dr. Gates likes to wait until 6 months to start solids.. so we'll see how long I can wait! :) I've been doing some serious reading about it... and I've even stumbled upon this wonderful book called Super Baby Food. It's awesome and it explains so much about what to do and how to do it and how to get started!

I've been kind of sad that I haven't had any funny, scary or shocking mommy tales to tell lately. It's been going pretty smooth recently, mainly because my dear hubby has been able to be home with me for the past week or so before starting class next week. So, since I don't have any "mommy" tales, I'll tell you about the WONDERFUL episode that happened to me on Monday night after we got home from Florida.

We of course had been driving all day and I was so ready to unpack and be home (it's only appropriate to tell you right here that I STILL haven't fully unpacked). But before it was time to retire, we decided I would go to the grocery store and pick up dinner along with some milk and a few other necessities for the week.

So, I go to get in my car and it smelled HORRIBLE. Absolutely HORRIBLE!! What in the world was that smell? Oh yeah... I had gotten a milk shake and not finished it and LEFT it in my car for a WEEK to bake in the hot sun. Yuck!! And of course at the moment it was raining so it wasn't so easy to open my windows to let it air out. As soon as I got to the store, I grabbed the cup and threw it in the trash. Whew!

So I go through the whole grocery store and pick up my 15-20 things that I needed to get. I got to check out and I reach in my brand new bag that Jeff bought me in Florida and I realize that I'm touching something extremely wet and sticky. Oh my goodness... the rest of one of Brady's bottles had spilled all in my bag... all over my phone and my iPod. Ugh. Needless to say, I paid for my groceries and left. As I was walking out to my car I was digging around in my wet bag for my keys. Where were my keys? Oh dear... did I throw them away? You guessed it... I went to the trash can at the very front of Kroger, took the lid off and started digging. Oh my gosh it was gross. So gross. People kept walking by and lo and behold NO ONE stopped.... people stared, of course, but no one stopped. Did I mention that my cell phone was out of batteries? So I couldn't call Jeff to at least talk me through my panic mode.

Still no keys. So now, I'm covered in trashiness and I'm sweating... my groceries are melting and getting soggy. I decide to run in to the customer service desk and ask to use their phone. I walk up and say, "Do you have a phone I can use? Mine is out of batteries and I think I've lost my keys." The lady looked at me and reached down and asked, "Do you drive a Volkswagen?" Oh my word... I went through all of that and they had my keys. Ugh!!! Not the BEST way to come home! Ha!

So now that my story is over, (thanks for letting me vent), let's talk about the little Bug. He is STILL not rolling over. I included a pic of him laying on his side, because he TOTALLY could roll over if he wanted to. He gets all the way over where really all he'd have to do is actually push up and he'd be over! But oh well... Dr. Gates said he'll do it soon and not to be worried. :) He's also all about his exersaucer. He LOVES it... there's so much for him to look at and I feel like every day he discovers a new toy on it. Yesterday he was really into the 'rolling things'. He laughs a huge belly laugh when he sees himself in a big mirror. He thinks it's hilarious to see himself and to see us in the reflection. When he laughs, we start to laugh, and then he laughs even harder. He's also started sleeping with a "blankie". He pulls it over his eyes before he goes to sleep. I'll come in there and move it after he goes to sleep, but it doesn't freak me out so much anymore because he can turn and lift his head really well. He's getting to be so much fun.... man, I love that kid.

I hope everyone's enjoying the Olympics! I love watching the swimming, diving and gymnastics. I felt so bad for that one little girl that fell a few times last night. I think her name was Alicia. Bless her heart, I am sure she thinks she lost it for the whole team. Oh, and there is NO way those Chinese girls are 16 years old. No way.

Ok. I need to get back to Project Runway. Thanks for letting me blab on and on!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big and is too cute!! I love the pictures you took while in Destin!

Courtney B. said...

I'm the baby einstein exersaucer is getting some good use! I knew he would love it! Cute pictures! - Courtney :)

Craig, Julie, Sydney & Harper said...

Oh no! That story about your grocery trip made ME anxious! Glad it turned out okay! Brady is just so super adorable!