Friday, May 07, 2010

november 17

so, about two months ago....

actually, three days before my BIG RACE {remember that?} we received some somewhat unexpected news....



we were beyond thrilled. we debated whether or not i should even run in the race... but after some discussion, the hubbs quickly decided that if i didn't run it now, i would never run - especially with TWO kiddos at home! {we've also known several girls who've run preggers... even FULL marathons}.

what was extremely difficult for me {and the hubbs}, was that we didn't tell anyone for over a week. running for 3 hours with two of your closest friends - scrambling for stuff to talk about and occupy your time - i was dying to tell them, but i knew it would be best to wait. we had to tell our parents first... right?

we told our parents that next thursday in an easter egg that had a little chick in it and a slip of paper that said "a little chick will be arriving in november"... they were all thrilled, to say the least! {i wish i had taken pictures of the cute little chick... but no such luck!}

fast forward to today - we went for our first trimester screening. i wanted to wait and make sure baby l #2 {we need a new name!} was healthy before 'announcing' it on here... and of course baby was perfect today! we counted 10 fingers and 10 toes. it was beautiful seeing baby l move around - he/she is a squirmer already... i can't imagine what it's going to be like when i can feel all of the kicking.



so - i'm going to copy what elizabeth is doing on her blog {hope that's okay, friend!} with a few minor additions/subtractions. {we're due a week apart from each other!} there are SO many people due around the same time as us!

12 WEEK STATS:

how far along? 12 weeks 3 days {due november 17}
how are you measuring? 12 weeks 5 days
heartbeat? 170 bpm {that's really high, right?}
total weight gain/loss? -5 pounds (up one pound from 3 weeks ago)
maternity clothes? i broke out the belly band today.
stretch marks? not yet. i've lost all the ones i had toward the end of my last pregnancy.
sleep? can't get enough right now.
best moment this week? of course, the sonogram!!
movement? not feeling anything yet - although, like i said earlier, baby l looks to be a mover.
food cravings? ice cream, chocolate, key lime pie.
gender predictions? even though the doctor and the nurse today separately looked at the sonogram and predicted girl, i'm still thinking it's a boy. {the hubbs is definitely calling baby l "she" and already telling b. he's having a sister! so cute....} but reminder - they were wrong in their predictions last time, so we're not painting the room or buying anything quite yet! :)
what i miss: feeling 'normal'. one week after finding out i was pregnant, i started feeling EXTREMELY nauseous. i've had two-three normal-feeling days since. i miss my energy level and i miss running.... feeling toned. i'm hoping that once my energy comes back, i can start exercising again...
what i'm looking forward to: buying jammies once we find out what baby l. is. i found some of b's jammies from his newborn stage the other day and they are just so sweet.... not like the two-piece toddler jammies he has now. :)
how are you feeling? rough, rough, rough. tired and nauseous.
comparisons to last pregnancy? i'm craving sweets, last pregnancy i was craving all salt. i'm feeling much worse that i was last time {at least from what i can remember}. however, i feel much more bonded with this baby already than i did with brady at this point. i wonder if that's because the anxiety that comes with the first pregnancy isn't overwhelming this time. hmm....

9 comments:

Abby said...

Congrats!!!! I kept wondering if you had a little one on the way since you hadn't been blogging much! Can't wait to hear if it is boy or girl. My two pregnancies were definitely different....so who knows! Keeping you in our prayers....hope you feel better soon!

Elizabeth said...

yay! :) glad the news is out!!! I know - I love my new little "weekly survey" - wish I had it for JM! :) That heartbeat WAS high...maybe it IS a girl - I can't wait until you find out! I was a little unsure at first...since I feel completely NORMAL this pregnancy...but now I would say I am 75% sure it's a boy! congrats again to your expanding fam! :) oh - and I am WAY more paranoid this time around...

Terri said...

SHUT UP!!! Congratulations missy!!! So happy for you guys!

jmc said...

i am so glad that you finally blogged about baby 2! i loved reading about he/she! i too can't wait to find out what you are having. aunt joanna will be buying lots of goodies. love you sweet friend and am so excited for your family!
joanna

Joanna said...

YAY!!!! So exciting for ya'll! Prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy for your new little blessing! :)

Olson Family said...

So excited for you! Hopefully we'll see guys sometime soon...

Stephanie said...

oh becky! i am so happy for you! I can tell you one plus one is much more than two in every way possible. And I vaguely remember the major fog I was in this past fall with my first trimester... Hang in there... it doesn't really get all that better, but it is totally worth it!

Jeff and Steph said...

Congratulations, Becky! I worked out a lot more with Mason than I did with Braeden (I think I was nervous about it w/ B even though I knew it was ok). I gained less weight w/ Mason as well...again b/c it was the second time around and I knew how to eat. It'll be great and go by so much faster b/c of Brady.

JPO said...

That ROCKS!

So happy for you and Jeff!
xoxo