Monday, February 04, 2008

What is Mardi Gras Anyway?


This weekend we had a fantastic time going to our first ever Mardi Gras celebration. It was the Quick "Mystique" Festival and Parade down at Victory Park in Dallas. It definitely was an adventure! The Dallas Morning News says that there was supposedly 35,000 people there and I think I saw every single one of them.... and some of them, I saw too much of them! It was such a great time and I think it is so neat that Dallas is starting to do stuff like this!
It was like crossing the Red Sea of People to get out of there! Justin was in the parade and we all had hoped to catch a good blackmale picture of him in his green tights, however all of our batteries in the cameras ran out before we got to see him! So no pictures of that! We sported our Mardi Gras masks and had a great time watching the Grambling band in the parade! I definitely do not think we will be going to New Orleans anytime soon to celebrate Mardi Gras though, Dallas was racey enough for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rarely read your blog, no offense, but I stumbled on it this morning and this sentence caught me off guard, "I wanted to catch a good blackmale picture of him in his green tights," should Jeff be worried that you want pictures of black males in green tights......