Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Perfect Rug.


The closer it gets to the time Mr. Brady is supposed to arrive, the closer we get to having the nursery finished! This weekend, our big feat was to find a rug! I know it sounds so morbid, but I wanted a "moo moo cow" rug, so Jeff went on a mission to find one that was affordable. When we went to the store in De Soto that Jeff found online, they only had the "beef" cow hides... not exactly what I had pictured. I felt really terrible because the old lady there was incredibly sweet and helpful, and so proud of her 'hides', but they just weren't what I had in mind. So when we were leaving, I picked up a pillow that they had on one of their pieces of furniture and told her I was looking for a hide like the pillow.... and as it turned out, they had a whole bunch of those in the 'back'! They just normally don't sell those kind as hides! So we got incredibly lucky.

I was kind of worried about Georgia being upset at another "animal" being in our house, but she hasn't seemed to notice. She likes to walk around on it though because it kind of makes a funny noise, like a drum beat, when she does. She loves the nursery and has definitely picked up on the fact that something is going on. Sometimes at night when I get up for one of my four potty breaks, she goes into the nursery just to check it out one more time and makes a really soft "ruff" sound and then comes back to bed. I would LOVE to know what is going on in her mind!!

5 comments:

Jenny M said...

The baby's room looks precious! I am so looking forward to your shower!

Anonymous said...

Love the nursery pic! :)
It looks great!
E. Sparks

Hillary Kouba said...

The room looks adorable but I have a feeling that piggy bank and book on the changing table are going to be replaced by daipers and wipes as soon as he comes since you are always needing them close at hand!

Jay and Kristen said...

Hey there! I found your blog through Ryan McFarland's and thought I'd say hi and congrats! The nursery is precious! We're friends with Ryan (leach), he was in our wedding! You've got to tell me the story about finding out that Brady was a girl and then a boy! I've already told jay to call Ryan and ask, but I feel like you'll tell the story better anyway! We're having a girl in May and now I'm being overly-pregnant and worrying that our ultrasound was a mistake too! Surely not, right?? =) Anyway, congrats again!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!! I love all the things you picked out! Congrats to you both, the time is coming so soon!!