Friday, October 19, 2007

All Becky Can Eat....


So Jeff and I went to the fair and I, as any pregnant woman would, had a field day with the food!! Sadly, I had to nix the rides this year (even though I think Jeff was extremely grateful as I like to go on the scary, expensive rides) but I did get to experience the Dart Rail, the Petting Zoo and all the fried food I could eat while I was there....
After riding the germ-infested Dart Rail (although extremely cheap and convienient), we paid an unearthly amount to get into the Fair. Then we paid an even more unearthly amount for two Corny Dogs and drinks. Jeff had never ate a corny dog at the fair before! He finally understood why I had been talking all year about getting one!
After the corny dogs, we headed over to the Petting Zoo where we were exposed to who knows what kind of germs. Can somebody say "Hand Sanitizer, please!" But this is always one of my favorite parts of the Fair. And of course, any true Fair-Goer knows that the BEST Fair Food is right next to the Petting Zoo- Tornado Taters!! (And you HAVE to get them with the Cajun Seasoning....) Luckily I was feeling pretty good that day, so I able to eat my "fair" share! (I just laughed outloud to myself!)
Then we headed over to the Car Show where I picked out my Mom Car and Jeff picked out his Truck. (Of course it was the one with a t.v. in the tailgate!) Let's just say these two cars will have to be long after we pay for college!!
After the Car Show, we experienced what Jeff calls "Heaven in a Fried Nugget", A.K.A. Fried Cookie Dough. Who would have thought that three spoonfuls of chocolate chip cookie dough warmed up just right and then fried in funnel cake batter would be eight dollars? (Sorrry- to be fair, I did forget that they add powdered sugar and chocolate sauce too). It was so worth it though! All three of us enjoyed it!

No comments: