Monday, July 21, 2008

Another Week Old



I don't think you're even supposed to think in terms of weeks anymore.... I usually just say that he's 3 1/2 months, but then I think that the 4 month mark is right around the corner! Geeze! I never EVER thought I'd get here when we were waking up every three hours at nighttime to feed him, but here we are. Getting a good night's sleep almost every night and moving on with life! We survived!

Last week, we went to Tyler to take Brady to meet his other great grandparents. It was just a day trip, but Brady did great. Unfortunately, he slept the WHOLE way on our way back so he woke up a few times during the night, but it wasn't anything that we couldn't handle.

Brady is now officially out of all of his newborn stuff. I actually was quite sad when I packed up his onesies and jammies that he's already grown out of. His head is too big for them and they were getting tight on his diaper. I'm actually discovering quickly that the 3 month stuff isn't too much bigger than the newborn stuff... as I've gotten some of that out and it seems to fit only slightly better.... so....This weekend, we went to the outlet mall in Allen. I was going to try to take Brady by myself on Friday, and I am soooo glad that I didn't! It was completely overwhelming, but we got some great stuff at the sale at Osh Kosh B'Gosh (it's so much fun to say) and a few things at the Polo outlet.



After the outlet mall, we went and had some fun at the pool at my parents' house! We are trying to gear up for a trip to the beach! Jeff got Brady one of those little floatie things... and it's WAYYYY to big for him still... but I decided that I could hold him up in it and kind of kick around the pool. He LOVED it! He was doing what they call the "full body" smile where he was flailing his arms and kicking his legs like he wanted to go faster! We had fun! Sorry there are so many pics.... I just couldn't choose.















Brady's pushing up real good and sometimes rolling over from his back to his tummy... the same as last week... no new development there. He's getting great at the Bumbo seat and he is great at following people's voices and movements around a room. He loves watching cartoons. I just had to increase his ounces today because he was getting fussy after ever feeding ended the past few days... so now he's up to 7 ounces. It actually may be considered 8 because by the time I put the formula in the bottle, it goes up to 8. He's taking this entire amount every SINGLE time. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when he gets hungry again because I don't want to be feeding him two bottles at every feeding!! Whew!











He's laughing more.... on Friday we heard his first 'belly laugh'. I think Jeff was making some weird noise or face at him and he laughed a few times in a row, making it sound like a real person's laugh. He's getting to be such a ham with the ladies. If you smile at him, he gets this really big gummie smile and batts his beautiful eyelashes at you.... it seriously makes my heart melt!

5 comments:

The Russ Family said...

Becky. . . He is getting so big. It is so neat to see how he can look so much like each of you but then be the perfect mix as well. He is one handsome little man.

Jenn

Joanna said...

I Love his little plaid hat, so cute!

Anonymous said...

love the pic of you, B and Georgia! :)

jreinhardt said...

Boo.... you guys came to Tyler and we didn't get to see you and Brady.

Anonymous said...

He is too cute...and you look great!