Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Whew.....

Last week was crazy, thus there are no new pictures!! Brady was especially needy last week, and wanted to be held so much! Usually, I can put him down to play and I don't necessarily have to be right there for him to be happy and make noise and play with his rattles, but last week this was not the case. Sunday he didn't nap at ALL!! We were thinking maybe it was being in the nursery that messed him up, but sure enough, Monday was the same way. He would cry almost the whole time during his naptime. Finally in the afternoon when I KNEW that he needed to take a nap, I held him until he was asleep. (A Baby Wise no-no, but oh well...). He slept alright... and then Tuesday he was a bit better.

I had been noticing his hands in his mouth an abnormal amount lately... and he's starting to produce some drool (although it's hard to see in the midst of all of the spit-up). And I kept wondering what was going on... and then there it was... an "a-ha" moment for me... He's TEETHING!! I would feel and feel around in his mouth and not feel anything, but he would chew and chew when I put my fingers in there. Jeff called the doctor and although I thought it was too early, he said that he very well could be teething... and on Sunday, I felt a little poking out up top. So yes... I think that's what it is!! I have to say that I'm kind of sad when I think about my gummy smile leaving forever!!

We also had a two-bath day last week. On Wednesday, I was playing with him in my lap after I fed him because I could tell he was going #2. When I notice that this is happening, I tend to wait until he's finished (or try to, anyway) before I change his diaper. That way I don't have to do it twice, AND it's more unlikely to get pooped on! (Yes, I have gotten pooped on.) But when I went to change his diaper, I noticed poop all over the changing table! Then I lifted him up and it was all over his back and everything... and I couldn't lay him back down or the poop would multiply again!! So I just grabbed him and took him right to the sink and basically hosed him down. He of course thought it was funny... but seeing as I had already given him a bath that morning, it was kind of a mess of soaps, bath toys and washcloths!!

Jeff and I did get to go on a date on Friday night while Papa Ron and Mimi kept Brady overnight. We were so looking forward to going to dinner AND a movie! Too bad I was an idiot and picked a fight with him after the movie was over and now I can't even remember what it was about. But the movie was great (in MY opinion!) and dinner was good, and of course we slept in on Saturday morning but I woke up around 7 anyway... I went back to sleep fine though about an hour later!

Anyway - I'm going to try to get some new pics of my little bug later on today... I think he looks even bigger than last time I posted pictures! I weighed him on the scale we have today and it said he was 14 pounds!! Man... he's a hungry hungry hippo!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!

No comments: