Sunday, August 23, 2009

Home is Where the Heart Is.

It is incredibly bittersweet for me to announce that we are in the middle of packing this week. That's right! We bought our first house a mere 45 minutes north of here!! It will be closer to our church, our families and will be just as far as we are now from Jeff's office. We're really excited about moving out to the "Burbs", but it definitely has been an emotional past week for me as I started reflecting on leaving our quaint area of Dallas. This is where we started our married life and started our little family. Of course, all of our memories will be going with us on our journey but it's harder than I thought it would be to close this chapter of our lives.

In the meantime, we will be trading off time with each of our parents for the next two weeks before we get into our house. We'll be around and I'm sure I'll have some interesting stories along the way. We have many transitions coming up along with the move... B. starts 'school' on Thursday, he's maybe dropping a nap, we got rid of the pacifier and I've taken on my first design job post-HKS. Lots going on means lots of opportunities for me to get anxious or stressed out! I'm looking at this as God teaching me how to give up control - daily. I'll let you know how that all works out!!!

In the meantime, here are some goodbye pictures from our little duplex. Now it's all torn up and in such disorganized chaos that my heart races every time I walk into the door!















6 comments:

Jenny M said...

I'm so happy for you Becky! I hope you love being a home owner!!!! You have to have a house warming party, because I love how you design everything!

Ashley said...

Congrats on the new home!! Your duplex was just adorable too!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What an exciting time!

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

OH MY GOSH...i am so excited for y'all!!! where are you moving? i know you will be sad to leave the duplex, but you will love your house! i can't wait to see it!!!!

Terri said...

oh how i love your decorating! Where did you get that round tablecloth? I have been on the hunt for one!

Joanna said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! And your duplex is so precious, love your decorating scheme, can't wait to see what you do with your new home- pictures please!