Monday, August 10, 2009

Sweet Sixteen.



B. turned SIXTEEN months on Friday. Wow!! I can't believe it but am loving EVERY second of it at the same time. Every SINGLE day we're doing something new at the Leach Household - and that is why this is my favorite age. I've heard many people say that eighteen months - two years is the best and I can totally see why as we are rapidly approaching that age span. He's becoming less of a baby boy and more of a little boy with every passing day. It is SUCH a joy to watch him grow up right before our eyes and we are completely blessed to be parents.

I have not updated with new 'tricks' in a while simply because there are too many to count, but I'll try to keep a record here of new things we're doing, trying, loving... etc.

1. 'Words' that he says (And I use 'words' extremely loosely) -
'dada' - daddy
'mama' - momma (and all of a sudden it's dog too)
'dah' - dog
'ba ba' - ball
'ma mo' - elmo
'bo bo' - bo bo (His new lovie)

2. He is all of a sudden fighting the changing table - or being changed at all. He hates it. He kicks, screams, hits, everything. I've tried changing him on the floor, on our bed, on the couch... just to see if it's the changing table itself, but no such luck. I think he has control issues. (Hmm, where does he get that from?)

3. His new love is containers. He loves to take something out of one container and put it into another container. Example - laundry. He loves helping mommy put laundry in the dryer - and we're now working on taking it out of the dryer and walking it to the bed. The only issue with this is that he wants to then get on the bed and wrestle.

4. He gives TONS of kisses. If he's been with you for five minutes or more he'll give you lots of kisses - open mouth kisses!

5. He has motions to the following songs: (I'm trying to get some of these on video...)
The Wheels on the Bus
Happy and You Know It
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
The Bumblebee Song
5 Little Monkeys
Patty Cake

6. He is pretty much a food disposal. He eats everything in sight... I am convinced that he would eat all day long if we let him. He drinks 3 sippy cups full of milk a day (more or less). He loves juice of any kind. He had his first taste of a snow cone in Florida... and he LOVES popsicles and fudgesicles.

7. B. has really picked up on his dance moves lately. He's started swinging his arms along with bouncing up and down... but when he sees you watching him he stops abruptly.

8. What a flirt this boy is!! He shys away from you one second and then the next he is trying to get your attention. His favorite game in this 'area' is peek a boo.

9. He is still taking two good naps a day. The Doc said to keep them as long as I can and I plan to. Although when Mother's Day Out starts, I'm pretty sure that will knock his naps down... we'll see how that all plays out. I'm not sure I'm ready for a change in our routine!


10. Last but certainly not least, the Little Man and Georgia are INSEPERABLE. They chase each other all around the house and Georgia only sleeps when B. sleeps. She's always where he is and he's always where she is. It's the cutest thing to watch... it absolutely melts my heart and I'm so grateful that they get along so well.









No comments: