Thursday, January 03, 2008

Very Merry Christmas!

So... this was our last Christmas child-less!! It was really busy, as Jeff didn't get done with his exams until 4 days before Christmas, but we still managed to have a wonderful time!

I guess you could say I had my first "meltdown" in public over the month of December! I decided it would be a wonderful idea to get my Christmas shopping done early, so the first Saturday in December I decided to make the trek to Northpark all by myself. Jeff begged me to wait until he could go with me, but I insisted that it would be fine. So here's how the morning went...

tried to get to the mall at 10:00, right when it opened (or so I thought-little did I know that it opened at 9 during December). The parking lots (yes-I went to almost all of them) were already 90 percent full. So I thought I would be smart and park where there was less "traffic" even though it was further away. Well, that was a mistake. By the time I walked the 2 miles to get into the mall, in my coat and scarf, I was sweating. I guess I didn't realize how tense I was from the parking lot nightmare!


Needless to say, it was an unsuccessful trip. The total of my purchases for the day included all of a t-shirt for myself and a sonic drink. (Of course, I was entirely parched and then I waited in the line at Sonic for 30 minutes just for a cranberry limeade... that's when I ended up in tears.. in the mall... by myself.). I hate to say it, but my sweet husband was right.

With all of the hustle and bustle of the December month, Jeff and I managed to get all of our holiday shopping done, another doctor's appointment over with and all of our exams are taken. We attended the HKS Christmas Blow Out and the next day got up early and toured Texas Stadium (A.K.A. The Center of All Things Wonderful). We even managed to pick out our bedding! (More to come on the nursery...) We spent time with friends and family and even managed to have a date night to ourselves. My Cowboys aren't looking so hot, but we're crossing our fingers for the month of January (and hopefully, February).

Sorry this one was long, I promise I'll keep up with it more in the future!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey girl - you look AMAZING! I'm so jealous of your beautiful pregnantness :) Not everyone can pull if off like that. Glad you guys had a good Christmas!