Friday, April 18, 2008

Home for a Week!

So we've officially been home for a week now, and what a busy week it has been. We've had a couple of special visitors and Jeff has been preparing for a mock trial which is on Saturday. On Sunday we took our first outing to Anthropologie and on Monday we attempted to take our very first walk, with Miss Georgia in tow. I didn't get very far, as I tire very easily at this point!

We also had our first doctor's appointment on Monday so that we could 'follow up' on Brady's Jaundice. Fortunately, he had no remaining signs of it, and he was still at the weight he was when he left the hospital... a mere 6 pounds and 2 ounces. They told us that he has probably lost some weight between the hospital and Monday and was now gaining it back. Hopefully when we go for his 2 week appointment on Monday he's gained a lot more!

My mom and I took Brady out to eat for the first time on Tuesday. We went to Baker Brothers, which I thought would be completely baby friendly, however it was really loud, although our Little Man didn't notice a bit... he slept the entire time!

Then on Thursday, Jeff and I had a date night! Our sweet friends, the McCords came over on Thursday night so Jeff and I could go have dinner at Gloria's... which used to be "our spot"... it was right down the street from our old house and we would walk there for dinner at least once a week! So, we got to go last night and it was so wonderful! It was weird for me getting in the car though without Brady... but we were only gone for about an hour before the huge storm came!

Today we went on our first grocery store trip. I of course didn't want to go by myself for the first time (and I'm not supposed to drive for another week still...) so Jeff took me to Target to get groceries for the week. It definitely wore me out and I just pushed the stroller the whole time! Jeff did all of the "heavy lifting!"

Tomorrow Jeff has his trial and then he'll start studying for his exams. Talk about a whirlwind week for him! Then we have the first Playoff game for the Mavericks, and I won't get started on them here... mainly because I don't know all too much about them and Jeff doesn't like me to spout off my "hot sports opinions" when I'm not completely educated.

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for us and encouraging us this week. I promise I'm calling all of you back this weekend!!

1 comment:

Nat Pat said...

congrats on a beautiful baby boy!