Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two Weeks Old!

Our Little Man turned two weeks old yesterday! I feel like he's changed so much in the last two weeks... his face has filled out and he's definitely lost his Newborn rash and his little wrinkles in his feet and his hands. He's awake more now (I'm talking 5 minutes more than he was) and he's starting sleep well at his "nap times"... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the sleeping thing will keep up.

We went to the doctor yesterday- it was my first time to venture out with Brady by myself. It was also my first time to drive since the delivery! We did pretty well- we made a little outing of it. We went to Barnes and Noble to pick up a book for myself, Sonic (during happy hour, a large cherry limeade is 91 cents!) and then to the doctor. The big test at two weeks is the weight test. He didn't gain as much as we had hoped... only 3 ounces, however the doctor didn't seem worried at all. He actually said we can start letting him go longer at nighttime if he will. But we'll go in to the doctor again next week for another weight check just to make sure! He's only in the 5th percentile in the height and weight category, but as far as his "head circumference" he's in the 20th percentile.

We're attempting to get the hang of things at home... I'm getting less and less emotional every day. The first few days last week I felt like a wreck... no one told me about that part. The weepy part. But, as far as I've heard... it's pretty normal, especially when you're sleep deprived. However, I don't feel sleep deprived anymore... I'm tired at the end of the day, but not exhausted. I feel like since I was getting up a total of 6 times every night the last few weeks that I was pregnant to go to the potty and in between I wasn't sleeping well anyway, that three stretches of 2 1/2-3 hours is a BIG amount of sleep for me right now. And I feel like every day gets a little better as far as the sleep thing goes.

Our doctor also told me to start putting Brady on his tummy any time I'm not holding him and he's awake where I can watch him. He needs to get used to the position. I fully expected him to scream at me for doing this, because it's not something he's used to... but he seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. He sleeps on his side right now anyway... so he's halfway to his tummy already!

Here are some two week pics and pics from tummy time!




4 comments:

Jenny M said...

What a beautiful baby boy!!! Happy 2 weeks Brady!!

chrisanna said...

He is so cute. One of the things that helped with the baby blues is I continued to take my prenatals because the iron helps with the blues (according to my dr.) I also would lay Zoe on the boppy for tummy time and it made it easier for her since she would bury her face. Good luck with the next few weeks and take lots of pictures since they are changing almost every day.
Chrisanna

jmc said...

I just love little Brady!! He looks so cute in all his new pictures!

David Nelson said...

Becky, I didn't realize you had a little boy! He's beautiful. Congratulations :) I hope baby, mommy and daddy are all doing well.