Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Killing Time

So now that I have a week off of work and nothing to do, since the house is pretty much clean, I've been racking my brain to get other things to do! So today I headed off to help my mom at her job. She works for Sherry Peters Photography and they have a little "Market" in the Spring and in the Fall so I headed over there this afternoon to help tie some ribbons and to set up displays. Hey- it's something to do, right?



Then my mom took me "as payment for my hour of work" to get some new flowers for my front porch. The ones that she had put up there originally were starting to die. (We aren't quite sure if it's because it's starting to get hot outside or if it's from my lack of a green thumb- I kill everything in sight when it comes to plants... kind of scary that we're expecting a baby anytime, right?)



After I got done "planting" my plants and getting rid of the dead ones, I decided the next thing I wanted to do was play a little video game I like to call "Super Mario Brothers". If you all didn't know, this was my Christmas present from my brother- in - law who just completely hit it out of the park! (Good luck next year, Ryan... I don't know how you can top this one!) The only problem I was having was that the nintendo controller wouldn't reach my chair and I didn't want to sit on the floor like I have in the past... it's too uncomfortable now. So again, my darling husband comes to my rescue and moves the chair and the ottoman to the middle of the room, right in front of the t.v.! Of course I didn't last for very long because I get extremely frustrated with the ghosts in the last level. I always go into that level with 8 lives and somehow die before I get to beat it! Talk about annoying!!!



Tomorrow I think I'm going to go see a movie and finish cleaning out my closet. I've already watched American Idol twice, so I may have to hit the highlights one more time tomorrow before the results show. Don't get me wrong, it's great to relax... but how relaxing is it when you are anxious about something new that's coming?!?! If anyone has any ideas of more time killers let me know! I'm all ears!

That's all for now!

6 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

Hey there! I have been checking your blog daily to see if that little man is here yet! Your sweet mom is my Mentoring Mom in bible study.....LOVE HER! I adore her!

It sounds like you have it all done. Hang in there, it will be here before you know it! Just relax and get some much deserved rest...even though I know you are so anxious and excited!! Praying for your family!

Craig, Julie, Sydney & Harper said...

You're so funny!! I want to play Super Mario Bros!!

Olson Family said...

Erik caught me cleaning the baseboards in our laundry to "kill time"....it didn't go over well...

Ashley said...

You're sooo close now! We can't wait to meet little Leach! Praying for all of you! Keep us posted!

Jenny M said...

I recommend you paint a picture for Brady's room... but don't use oils b/c of the fumes! Too funny about the Super Mario Bros. I got Greg the Wii Super Mario Galaxy game- he loved it!

Courtney B. said...

We're praying for you Becky! Can't wait to meet Brady...he's sure to be precious! Relax and enjoy your last few days...my favorite old-school nintendo game was always Tetris! That makes the hours go by fast. Love you, keep us updated!