Wednesday, April 30, 2008

3 Weeks!



We made it to 3 weeks!! Yay! Our Little Man is starting to be a little more alert, he makes a lot more "cooing" noises and he definitely makes a lot more eye contact with me and his daddy.

Like I said last week, we were a little worried about him not gaining enough weight at the beginning but when we went back to the doctor on Monday, he had gained a whole 8 ounces since last Monday!! And today we went to a new doctor and he got weighed again and he's already at 7 pounds and .5 ounces! (Jeff LOVES that he's over 7 pounds now!)

We decided on Monday after our weight check that we were going to change doctors because we felt like we were a part of a "Child Factory" at the pediatrician's office. Not one person (until we were checking out on our last visit) acknowledged Brady as a person. It was so matter of fact and Jeff and I are both used to doctors who know us and we feel really comfortable with. So now we're taking Brady to our family doctor that we go to. We feel MUCH better about this decision and we loved our appointment today! It was so much more comfortable and I won't feel weird calling with questions!

Okay, so enough about the doctor... we have exciting news from yesterday, although I was too slow to get it on camera! Last week when we started "tummy time", Brady took about 5 minutes and gradually turned over on his back. Now, I totally thought this was a fluke and decided not to "report" it as his first time to roll over. We do, however, go into his room and he's often rolled over on his side to sleep... again, I don't think much about this either. BUT.... yesterday, when we were doing tummy time, he rolled right onto his back. It's like he decided he was tired of tummy time and wanted to be on his back! This time I really do think he knew what he was doing, although many people may argue with me! :) Three weeks is AWFULLY young for him to be rolling over, but we just may have an over achiever on our hands. He's just trying to get ready for all of the training that will go into being the quarterback for the Cowboys. :)

So, I've included some pictures I took yesterday (after he rolled over) so you can see how much he's grown! You can tell that my current favorite place to take his pictures is on this blanket that our sweet friends Ryan and Lindsay gave us. Since we have wood floors, I like to lay the blanket out for him to "play" on!





3 comments:

Missy Rooney said...

He is looking so sweet!

S, J, B, & S said...

your little man is so precious! enjoy these sweet newborn days b/c they pass WAY TOO QUICKLY! :)
summer (spain) spooner

Paul and Stephanie Weathers said...

Congratulations, Becky! You look so happy! I can't wait to see Brady in person!