Monday, March 24, 2008

Doctors and Coke Floats....

So to give everyone a little update, we walked all weekend! My precious husband walked with me on Friday night around our neighborhood for about an hour and a half, when I know that he wanted to be home watching basketball, and then we went with my mom to the Arboretum to walk for another three hours on Saturday! Saturday was GORGEOUS and Jeff had never been to the Arboretum before and as you can tell from the previous post, he had a load of fun with our new "Baby Camera" as we like to call it. I have to give him credit for every single picture taken (out of the 258 that were taken) and he even messed with them on his computer after loading them up. I think I'm going to get some of them developed and hang them around the house!
Anyway, sorry, I got sidetracked.... our doctor's appointment today. Okay, so I don't think that we've ever had a doctor's appointment this short. Jeff said he actually thinks that I was "collecting my urine sample" longer than we were actually in the exam room! Dr. Wells walked in, checked me and said... "You look good... Brady's still up in Kansas.... we'll see you next Monday." I was like, "WHAT??" I was for sure that he would have moved SOME with all the walking we did and the spicy food I ate!! Jeff even said before we went in that he thought my belly looked different. So, just like last week, we'll know more next week. He DID say that we could maybe start working on a "plan" next week if the news is still the same.... seeing as I AM due next week!!
Please do not hear me wrong.... we are SO thankful for a healthy baby and for the fact that I am healthy and although I feel swollen, tired, cranky and achey, I've had a pretty good pregnancy.... we're just anxious to meet our little man. The good news is that I have an extremely patient husband who has waited on me hand and foot and has never said an ill word to me when I ask him for something!!
For example, yesterday on the basketball games, I definitely saw a new coke commercial and it was a glass of three perfect scoops of vanilla ice cream, being filled with an ultra-fizzy coke... and then it comes up with "You had a nice run, root beer...." and I looked at Jeff and instantly he knew I needed one. So off to Sonic he went!! Thank you, Jeff for being such a wonderful care taker and friend during all of this!! I certainly do not give you enough credit at all!!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I remember going and getting all of the "checks" before little Madyson arrived. I stayed at a .5 from weeks 36-39. Finally, at week 39 I was dilated to a 1. When I went in at 40 weeks, I was still at a 1. The day that I got induced I went from a 3-10 in about 20 minutes, so you never know!

We are praying for you guys!