Thursday, March 20, 2008

Northern Oklahoma or Maybe Kansas....



We went to the Doctor on Monday for my second official "exam". I was so glad that Jeff was able to go with me this time because it ended up being a very long appointment! I had been feeling a whole heck of a lot of pressure since last Thursday so I was sure that our little Brady had dropped and was getting himself ready to visit us this week. On Sunday night, we were both SURE that he was going to come this week. So sure, in fact, that we got our bags out from the attic to get packed for our trip to the hospital.
So I was ready for some "good" news at the doctor on Monday. Instead, during my "exam", Dr. Wells said... "I can't tell if he's head down so we're going to do a sonogram". Well of course the sonogram is the biggest treat because we get to see our little boy, but it kind of scared us a bit because he rushed out of the room. Turns out that he IS head-down (which is a good thing) but he's very high up in my belly. Dr. Wells described it as being in Northern Oklahoma or maybe even Kansas when he's supposed to be in Brownsville. So that gives you an idea of how far he has to go. The truly good news though is that Brady is happy and healthy in there and my blood pressure and weight is doing well so there is no reason to be concerned about that. This only ups my chances at having a C-Section, but we will know more next Monday! Only 14 more days until my due date!!

2 comments:

Olson Family said...

hmm sounds familiar....

i never dilated (even after being induced) and jack started out in kansas/nebraska and migrated toward canada instead of mexico! i think he thought the way out was through my mouth....BUT i must say my C section was wonderful with Dr. Wells:) so either way baby Brady will be the most beautiful baby ever!!!

Jeff and Steph said...

I am the same right now. I have no dilation or effacement and he's still pretty high up there. I'm glad we're in the same boat. :)Stephanie