Monday, September 20, 2010

the best.


saturday jeff & i went to ft. worth for the BU/TCU game. what a downer. to be honest, football season itself has been kind of a downer so far. and we're only on week 2. i love the longhorns, but don't consider them 'my' team.... and the cowboys have been worthless. if they continue like this, it's going to be a. long. season.

anyway - that's not what i wanted to say- that's just the picture description.

what i wanted to do was brag on my hubby. he has been a trooper, to say the least, during this pregnancy. he doesn't complain about the days where he comes home & it looks like i've laid on the couch all day. he doesn't say a word {most of the time} when all of his white t-shirts sit in the dryer - unfolded - for days on end. he actually tells me to take a 3 hour nap during b's nap instead of doing housework and being productive. he has taken brady every saturday morning for the past 3 months or so out for donuts and a few errands so that i have the house to myself for an hour or two to do what i want.... all when he has been putting in 12-13 hour days at work himself.

he has been so understanding of my energy level - even when i'm not understanding of it myself. he's waken up in the middle of the night to help me out of bed, help me work out a charlie horse in my leg, or get me a glass of water. he's been the definition of an awesome husband... and i just had to acknowledge it.

it is obvious that he has a servant's heart - and that the Lord has given him an extra dose of energy to encourage me during this busy time. what. a. blessing.

i love you - hubby. thank you for all that you do for our family - and especially all you do in serving me. you are a treasure, and i'm so honored that the Lord chose me to be your wife.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I WISH I had seen you there...because we could have taken matching pictures for wearing the EXACT same outfit! :) you look adorable!