Wednesday, March 09, 2011

{before} away.

so. remember last week when i posted a glimpse of our trip?

and i was going to post the rest on saturday? yeah. right.

it's monday night & i can barely keep my eyes open and i'm not motivated to upload the rest of our trip pictures.... it takes FOR.EVER on my computer right now. {i am in the process of cleaning up and off my hard drive!} **UPDATE: it's wednesday and i'm just now posting this - even though i started it on monday!**

anyway. i do have a post in me tonight... just not the one that i thought i would.

let me go back to before our trip.

can someone please tell me how it is that ONE more person equals FIVE times as much everything? FIVE times the laundry. FIVE times the need for planning. FIVE times the time needed to make it out the door. FIVE times the tiredness. FIVE times the packing time?? seriously.



and it doesn't help that i have this obsessive compulsive need to have everything neat & tidy before i go on a trip because if i don't come back in a worst-case-sceneraio situation i want people to think i was neat & tidy. but... this is what my house looked like the morning of leaving for our trip. i could NOT for the life of me get my thoughts together. so i had piles EVERYWHERE. lovely.

and then. on friday, b & i made cookies. yumm.

jeff and i had been 'dieting' all week in hopes of me losing the rest of the baby weight {just to gain it all back on our trip!} so i was super excited for a tupperware bowl full of cookies in the car. 

we ended up with 60 cookies!!! i used this recipe from bakerella. yummy. 

we dropped some cookies off at a friend's house that was going on their own trip & another friend who was kind of having a rough week. what can cookies NOT help make right?!


on another note - the hubby fixed that nasty glare in my camera the first day of our trip. there was some weird moisture inside my lens. it's gone now and we have beautiful pictures from our trip. {yet to be posted, right?}

oh - and i added a new project to my list. crazy, right?

have you heard of this project?


and wanted to try it, but it seemed super overwhelming, despite it's 'easy' tag line.

but then a darling friend encouraged me. 
she'd seen it here. {who, of which, happens to be a friend of a friend & i had been on a few playdates at my gym with this sweet fam.}

i love how different everyone's projects seem to be.

so i'm starting. i'm getting pictures printed as we speak. to try & catch up. 

will try to post a picture of my first finished pages... whenever they get finished?! hey, i have good intentions, right?

No comments: