Thursday, August 25, 2011

top golf.


monday night, i packed up the kids and headed to top golf up in dallas. 
it was a celebration for my dad's brithday. {big daddy}.

and it was super fun.




even for charlotte!!! 
they had misters and fans blowing and everything. {her cheeks are still rosy - she's just cute like that.}


my mom used to golf a fair amount when we were younger.
she came from golfers. 

my grandmother {megaw} has made three hole-in-ones in her life. pretty cool.

my grandaddy {MY big daddy} has made two. she's got him beat. 

my brother has made one.

 
and brady? 

well, he thinks ALL sports are awesome. and i can't tell you how many sets of golf clubs we have floating around our house & our yard.



so - top golf is basically a glorified driving range. {since i know a ton about golf and everything...}
but it keeps score. {i guess a normal golfing range doesn't?}



they have golf clubs there. or you can bring your own.
all the real golfers {like my hubby} brought their own.



my mom, my sister & i shared. {and my sweet cousin kendall shared one of her "real" golf clubs with me. she's REAL good.}


charlotte ate & sat. loving every minute of the attention {and food}.



can you tell that i really know what i'm doing?? {can you hear my sarcasm??}


i played softball for TWELVE years. LONG years. 
and apparently it's affected my golf swing. 

gotta work on that. {or do i?}

when i tried to keep my foot 'planted' {which is a NO-NO in softball} i totally missed the ball. but if i swung like i normally would - i'd go far. so - i stopped worrying about my form.


don't let jeff's score fool you. he was going for power the first game. the second game he won by far. in the 100's. 
i keep telling myself "the person with the LOWEST score wins golf, right???"



on our way down there, brady and i talked a LOT about 'taking turns'.... and waiting patiently. and not throwing a temper tantrum while we waited.
but this was great. these games were right behind where we were playing so he could run around while he waited for his turn. and, of course, it helped when uncle trent played too.


brady was playing all by himself, and trent said when he walked up to ask if he could play too, brady said, "i'm not doing so well, trent." 
love my big boy.

 
loved seeing uncle cammie. 

on our way home brady told me that he liked to hit next to uncle cam. i felt bad because brady could be kind of distracting... "uncle cam! watch me hit! watch me!"



we made it until about 9. then charlotte started to melt so i took the littles home. 
jeff stayed and tried to hash out another game with the 'real' golfers. apparently my dad won. i know jeff was SUPER happy about that. haha!!


have you played top golf? i highly recommend it! there's a new one over in allen! jeff & i had said that our next date night we would go to that patrizio's & top golf. i hope that comes SOON!!!!

1 comment:

The Links said...

We love top golf and I LOVE those pictures of Jeff and Brady swinging the club together. I can't wait until Matt can play sports with lil P.