Friday, May 01, 2009

My New Love.





Wow, I feel kind of behind on this post. You can obviously tell that these pictures were taken last week, while the sun was shining!

One of my goals this month has been to spend more time outdoors and less time inside (watching t.v.). I was doing pretty good until this week - and all the rain came. I've actually felt kind of depressed being cooped up all week. I love the rain and all - but one day out of 7 with a good, heavy downpour is all good for me. I don't need 7 days of 7 downpours and sprinkles and fog. Nope, Seattle would not be the city for me.

For my birthday, my mom took me shopping for all new plants for my front porch. Then I went back and decided I was going to spruce up my backyard as well so that B. and I could enjoy spending time playing outside more! (Hence, the Splash Table). Here are pictures of my 'groupings' in my backyard. I've decided to stick with 'container gardening' since we don't know how long we'll be here and I want to be able to take them with me! So we have baskets and pots and stands and what not filled with flowers. I've so enjoyed waking up and watering my plants in the crispness that is the morning (until this week, of course!) I'm still tweaking my front porch - so these are just pictures of the back.

No comments: