Friday, May 22, 2009

Sarah's House.

On Wednesday, my sweet friend, Sarah, had all the girls from my Bible Study table over for lunch and a semi-playdate. We had a few younger kids that are around B.'s age and then a few older kids. Sarah has a beautiful daughter, Sadie (I love that name) who's about 4 1/2 and she has a new baby on the way!! When B. and I got there, the first thing that Sadie wanted to do was show us her room - and then the nursery! Sarah told me that Sadie asks so much when they can start decorating the nursery, that she finally made her a jar with the exact number of marbles in it that count down to the day they find out the sex of the baby. Each day Sadie gets to take one out... what a great idea, huh?

Anyway, we had a great time and Sarah has been stocking up on new baby and toddler toys so B. and the other kids had lots to choose from! I am somewhat tickled by the fact that Sarah and I almost didn't meet... in the fall, a bunch of girls and I signed up for a B-study at church where we sit in tables... and we had too many girls. So two of us (Marci and I) moved to an 'unknown' table. We feel like it was totally a God- thing. We absolutely adore our precious leaders, they are talented, creative, godly women who are not afraid to be open with us 'young' moms about their struggles. AND, Marci and I got to meet a lot of women who had already been where we are, that had older kids.

Sarah and I sat next to each other... EVERY Wednesday. It just kind of happened like that. Whenever we'd split up into prayer partners, we'd always end up together... and thus began our precious friendship. She has such an incredible story of God's faithfulness in her life and I could not be more excited that she is expecting a baby later this year!! I'm so excited to spend more time with her and Sadie as they prepare for "their" baby. (Sadie says she's "having" a baby!)









No comments: