Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No Pictures.

Brady turned 11 Weeks yesterday. I realized yesterday that I have not taken any pictures in a WHOLE week!! I usually take some every day, it seems like, because I'm home with him and he's always doing something new. But this week, I was at work and when I got home, he was asleep. I'd wake him up to feed him and put him in his jammies, read him a story and then put him to bed. And it's not always his most happy time of the day. He's READY to get in his bed when it's time. I tried holding him the other day for a while after I read him a story and I could tell all he wanted was his bed. We try not to hold him until he falls asleep so that he won't get 'used' to that and not be able to fall asleep otherwise. But when you don't see him all day long, it's hard!

So this weekend I thought I would take a ton of pictures, but Jeff was sick. And I mean SICK! He started getting a sore throat on Friday night and by Saturday morning he was coughing up a storm with a fever. I kept telling him not to touch Brady but of course that is easier said than done. We were so looking forward to spending the weekend as a family and poor Jeff was sick in bed, and I didn't get any sleep because he was coughing so much, so I wasn't in the mood to take pictures all day. Brady and I did hang out all day Saturday and Sunday though.... and he's definitely up to some new tricks.

He's definitely getting bigger... and when I get some pictures, I'll post them! He is just now starting to grab things. Mostly only when you put it in his hand, but today he grabbed a tail on the monkey from his activity mat and held onto it for a while. I'm not sure if he knew what he was doing.... but I like to think he does. We have this little silver rattle that we started to give him while we're changing him.... he's not the happiest of changers.... and he would grab onto it and shake it over his head and try to put it in his mouth. (Can you tell we may have issues with swallowing things in the future???) I could tell on Saturday when he did it for the first time that he was almost surprised at what he was doing and so excited.... I am SUCH a mom, aren't I?

Anyways, all is well at the Leach house now.... Jeff's getting better and Brady and I both aren't sick... yet. Jeff started his second clerkship on Monday and I only have until next Tuesday at work. My sister got a baby Yorkie today... Fender. I'll post pictures of him too once we get to meet him! Crazy Uncle Cam moved home this weekend! YAY! We're so excited to have him close by.... I think he will stop by tomorrow for dinner. If you don't know already, my brother is a chef.... and an amazing one at that. He's looking for a job (selfishly, I want it to be in the DFW area) so if you know of anything let me know! He's been living in Aspen for a year and Denver for years before that so being back in Dallas is a big change.... especially the weather! :)

I'll post pictures soon... hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: