Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Two Weeks Notice.


Today I officially gave my two weeks notice at HKS. Although it has been truly a wonderful place to work and I feel so privileged to have worked with wonderful people, I had to tell them that my heart was now at home. I was incredibly nervous about resigning, as I was thinking that some of the people would see it as a negative career choice as opposed to a positive life choice. But this was not at all the case... and I truly think that was a result of much needed and appreciated prayers. Everyone, including my boss, was so encouraging and supportive of this decision. It is truly bittersweet for me because I will miss everyone tremendously but I know that we will stay in touch.

Here's to Brady being 10 weeks old! I think he's around 11 pounds now (according to our system of weighing him on our scale) and he's just now taking 6 ounces of formula in a bottle! For those of you B-Feeders out there, I have such a respect for you and your diligence, as it's obvious that I didn't stick with it for too long. I think in the long run you have to have an incredible amount of patience and desire to make it work out, and unfortunately, it just wasn't there for me. I will definitely try again, but for now we're on Enfamil. It's working out wonderfully and Brady's taking all of the bottle almost every time.

He's also having a lot more fun on the Activity Mat and is loving the Bumbo... although I still can't let him stay in it for too long. He loved watching the U.S. Open with his daddy on Sunday and is looking forward to the 4th of July with his great grandparents. I think he's starting to really take an interest in his puppy because every time she gets near him, he has a big smile! I can't wait for this long week to go by so I can spend all day Saturday with my little Bug and see what he's been up to all week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his little bald head, he is so cute.

-Isaac

Anonymous said...

You will love being a stay-at-home mommy! I know that I was so much happier when I finally got to stay at home once P was about 4 months!