Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family Fun



On Saturday night we went to the Plano Balloon Festival! Jeff grew up going (and actually singing there) but I had never been. It was so much bigger than I had ever imagined. There were THOUSANDS of people there. I guess I was expecting a few balloons here and there and some fair food, but not this magnitude of people! People were everywhere! The weather was beautiful. I actually had thought that I would need a sweater, but it ended up being even a little warmer than I thought. But of course it wasn't near as hot as it could have been here in Texas, right?


We thought we were going to miss the parachuters, but they were running behind schedule! Jeff told Brady he would take him skydiving for his 1st birthday! 






I had actually planned on packing a dinner for Jeff and I, but then I found out they had fair food so of course I wanted that. Note to self: Next year, pack my own food. The food was about 1/2 mile away from where we were sitting and where we were parked. The lines were super long, but Jeff so generously offered to go get me some lemonade and a hot dog because I was starving!


The girls with their babies. Notice how many people were on the hill behind us!


(Do you see Sydney pulling Craig's hair?)



This picture is a bit fuzzy, but I love pictures of him sitting up! And in this one, he had just dropped his pacifier and was definitely about to fall over reaching for it!

Craig and Sydney (She was the life of the party!)

We ran into Craig, Julie and Syndney right as we were walking in, so we laid out our blankets together. Sydney is getting so big. I always use her as a measure because she is almost exactly a year older than Brady. It amazes me to look at her and think that Brady's going to be that age a year from now! (She also told me that she can't believe Sydney was Brady's age just a year ago!)


Mackenzie and Jack



Time for jammies!


We were then joined by the Aaron, Brooke and Maddie, Lindsey and Mackenzie, and Eric, Jerica and Jack. I was surprised, but Brady definitely did notice the balloons, especially once they started glowing. Of course the bigger kids really did love all of the balloons.

We will definitely be making this a family tradition!


No comments: