Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lately...

So, I guess I need to post an update on the Bug and what he's up to now.

He's getting so much bigger and Jeff often tells me that he's sad he's 'growing up' so fast. I, on the other hand, and so enjoying watching his new moves and the new things that he learns every day. I see newborns now and I can't believe that Brady was ever that small! (And he definitely WAS small!) Everyone tells me to enjoy it because it goes by so fast, and although I know that it does, I feel like I do my best at enjoying whatever stage he is at while still looking forward to what's to come.

So right now he's really into taking out his paci and trying to put it back in. He doesn't get it back in the right way often, but Jeff and I think that he enjoys chewing on the side of it. It IS squishy and I actually have thought about putting it in the fridge and using it as a 'teether' since he's not interested in any of the actual teething things that he has!

He LOVES the nursery. We have had a few bad experiences, but three weeks ago we "promoted" and we LOVE the new ladies in the nursery! Last week, I told them that he is teething and gets fussy sometimes (because I thought it would be better to warn them after our previous experience at Bible Study) and they looked at me like I was crazy! "Fussy? We can DO fussy! Don't even worry about it!" And today when we went I was so excited that when we walked up, a lady came came from across the room and said, "Yay! Brady's here today!" It warmed my heart! I told Jeff that I think that's what the nursery is supposed to feel like every time for every mother! They should make everyone feel that welcome, and we just love our new ladies! (And Brady's a big flirt with his big eyelashes, so of course they love him. Am I biased?) Ha.

He sits up pretty good now, I even left the room the other day to get something and came back a few minutes later and he was still sitting up!! What a big boy! He LOVES food. We started a snack time the other day because he wasn't sleeping well and he devoured it. Yesterday we did juice for snack because he was going to be outside for a while, and I thought for sure he wouldn't drink all 4 ounces and he sucked it down like we never feed him! He scoots backwards. I guess you could say he pushed himself backwards. I've been wondering how he gets to the other side of the room (ok, it's the other side of the blanket, but still!) and then finally I realized that it's because he pushes his little body backward. I guess it's a backwards army crawl. He can't figure out how to move forward, but for now, that's totally fine with me! He can take his time crawling!

We start our next parenting class tonight! I'm excited and a little nervous at the same time. It's going to be on discipline, and I think I may be in for it! I know that we have an inpatient little boy on our hands (at least when it comes to food) and I may have to take steps now to correct that! Wish us luck! Go Cowboys!





1 comment:

Amber said...

so cute becky! jeffs so sweet for getting you those bags. i miss yall. brady seems like so much fun!