Friday, September 05, 2008

Life in Black and White




Since it's getting 'cooler' outside, I decided to see what long sleeve shirts fit... and I reached in the back of Brady's closet and found this one. How cute, right? I bought it right after we found out we were having a boy. When he was born, I never thought he would be big enough to wear it.... and it says 6 months and it fits his belly pretty well... the sleeves are a little long. We had fun playing with Georgia this morning and taking pictures.







When I put him on the chair to take some pics, Georgia kept jumping up there! She doesn't normally sit there, because she is so scared of the rocking aspect of the chair, but I guess because he was up there, she needed to be up there, right? She is so patient with him! He basically fell on her as he was reaching for her in one of these pics and she growled but jumped right off. She never ever bites or snaps... even when he pulls her hair. She just looks at me and makes a yelping sound and then moves away. She is a model of patience for me!





I can't believe he'll be 5 months on Sunday. When we went to the doctor yesterday he weighed about 15 pounds. He can sit up for a bit, but then he tumbles over. He CAN roll over but is not interested in it at all. He tries to crawl, but can't get his legs up underneath him. I think he sees that more as a way to get somewhere than rolling there. He loves his cereal. He leans in for more so much that sometimes he almost looks like he is going to fall out of his chair.... we've got to watch him on that one!





He is trying out new noises... and they change every few days. I had to tell him no for the first time last week. It came out of my mouth before I even knew what I was saying! He started this yell/scream thing every time I left the room. When I would come back in, he'd smile real big. The second or third time he did it, I came back in and told him "No, Brady. We do not make noises like that." Who knows if it was worth it or not, but he seemed to at least understand that mommy was not making a nice noise. And now he doesn't really do that anymore... maybe more so because he's into spitting this week.I think it probably has to do with all of the drool that he has in his mouth.




I've heard that the most development happens between 5-6 months, so I'm so looking forward to this month. We have our first Cowboys game on Sunday... expect loads of pics from that milestone! I have a feeling that eventually it will be something that he looks forward to every week just like his mommy and daddy do.

4 comments:

Olson Family said...

Oh my gosh he is perfect! Look at his little round face/head....he is SOOOOO cute:) He smiles A LOT! His mommy must be making his life so much fun!

Go Cowboys!

S, J, B, & S said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! Such a cutie pie! Love his round little face and cheeks!

Abby said...

He is precious! One of my friends here in Austin is doing a "book exchange" and I was going to see if you and Brady are interested. If so, let me know so I can mail you the information. If you want to, email me your address! It should be fun and the girl in charge is great and one that would make sure everyone kept their end of the deal!

Amber said...

so cute! i miss yall. hey i got a blog too... ambernicole11.blogspot.com