Friday, October 17, 2008

Days like Wednesday.



Okay, so on Wednesday afternoon after getting home from Bible Study, I decide that I'm going to be a Super Mom and make my own baby food. (You know this isn't going to end well already, don't you?) So, I decide to start with the easiest thing possible: bananas. First off, I need to mention to you that you really only need to mash the bananas. There need not be any 'processing' involved because they're so soft already. No cooking, nothing. Just simply peel and mash. Do I do this? Nope.

I decide this is a great opportunity to use the wedding presents. I open up my corner cabinet and reach WAAY into the back and pull out my shiny red kitchen aid food processor. "Beautiful!" I think to myself!

I peel the bananas. There are six of them so I think I'm going to make plenty of banana baby food, right? Right! I start pulsing away. "This is SUPER easy!" After I added a bit of formula, I decided to transfer my new banana puree (that sounds fancier than baby food does) to a measuring cup so that it's easy to pour into my new ice trays. (You freeze the baby food in the ice trays and it makes perfect proportions. Seriously, super easy).

As I'm making the transfer, I'm hearing Brady begin to babble on the monitor. "I am AWESOME! This is perfect timing!" (You know I probably said this aloud, right?) I take the dirty stuff to the sink and BOOM. Everything falls on the kitchen floor. Now, this would probably be no HUGE deal to clean up, except that Georgia was right underneath me and the bananas got ALL over her. She immediately began to freak out and run around the house trying to scratch the sticky banana puree off her back. I instantly grab a dish towel and try to wipe up the excess banana from the floor. I realize, all of a sudden, that I no longer hear Georgia.... where is she?

She's ON OUR BED!!! Rubbing all over our pillows, our bedspread, our sheets... the sticky banana 'puree' is EVERYWHERE!!!!! (Meanwhile, Brady is LOUDLY crying now that he's up from his nap!) Did I mention that on Monday, Georgia got sick all over our bed, and I had JUST gotten everything back on the bed, nice and freshly washed???

Anyway... it was a disaster of an afternoon, and you'd think it would teach me not to attempt something so lofty... but it didn't. I made some more baby food yesterday (Applecado = applesauce + avocado) and some this morning... (Squash + Sweet Potatoes). You should see how colorful my freezer is!

Moral of the story: Don't take yourself too seriously, or you would never find humor in a day like this!


2 comments:

Jeff and Steph said...

Are your trays flexible (they look like they are)? We have the hardest time getting our veggies out of ours. ~Stephanie

Jen said...

oh becky! you are awesome ;) i would have given up after the first attempt went down the drain!