Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Happy Half Birthday, Brady!



Today marks half of a year since Brady was born. Jeff and I were talking last night about how he can't believe it's already been a year and I can't believe it's only been a year. I feel like he's been with us forever! He's brought such joy and life into our world (and yes, sometimes strife). It's amazing that JUST 6 months and a day ago he wasn't here. We were looking at pictures last night from when I was pregnant and it's so weird to think he was a little person in my belly! I can't believe how much he's grown. I look at him and yes, know that he's grown, but when I look back at his newborn pictures, I feel like he doesn't even look like the same person!

His personality is coming out more and more every day. I can definitely tell that he can manipulate us now. Screaming through an entire nap and when you go in there he just smiles really big at you. Yep, nothing was wrong... he's just got it down now, huh? He likes to rock when he sits up... is that normal? That's a new thing in the last week or so. He rolls over in his crib onto his belly and then he cries because he's forgotten how to get back over to the other side!

He LOVES his cereal. We're learning to hold his little hands while he eats, trying to teach him to not grab the spoon (or bowl, for that matter). He LOVES to spit. I think it's because of all of the drool in his mouth. He blows bubbles all the time now. Yes, he said Da-Da on Friday, and I've heard him say "da" since then, and I can see him moving his mouth in that new 'consonant' way. He's just exploring something new every day now. Whether it be a new toy, picking up a 'puff' or trying to 'help' me put him in his car seat. (He's not really helping me as much as he is fighting me).

We're going to the doctor on Thursday - YAY! I think that he's around 17 pounds now (according to our scientific way of weighing him on our scale at home). We'll see, though... we're already in the 9 month clothes, so I have to think he's growing length wise, anyway!

1 comment:

Missy Rooney said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday Brady!!

Love- Colin