Monday, October 13, 2008

New Things All at Once!

First off, I must admit that I'm forcing myself to post an entry today just so that I can put Friday's entry behind me. I have gotten a lot of emails and comments from girlfriends who have shared similar experiences with me, and for that I will be forever grateful. Not only did it make me not feel as bad, I also got a good laugh out of one or two of them. In fact, we were at our small group on Sunday after church and every single mommy there had a story or two like mine. (Joanna was probably scared of all of us!) She did get a good laugh out of all of us though!

This weekend, Jeff's college roommate, Matt Link got married. So since Jeff was in the wedding, it was filled with rehearsal dinners, groomsmen breakfast, photos and receptions. I have to say that Katy definitely made everything. From the Save the Dates to the Guest sign in to the party favors. I am going to ask her how in the world she did it all when they get back from their honeymoon. In my perfect world, I may have attempted to do this, but it would have either looked horrendous or I would have gotten halfway done, gotten tired (or bored) and given up! Props to her!

Tonight when Jeff got home, he said "I think I'm going to bed early." I couldn't agree more. Today I am just beat. I feel like perhaps we're all coming down with a cold but it's probably from the busy weekend. (At least, that's what I'm telling myself). I don't really know what we did all day, but I am worn out!

Today was a day of new things for Brady, though. We had to make a trip to the grocery store to get some new items. First, it was time for us to move up a diaper size. Has anyone noticed that the size 3 diapers are not called Swaddlers? They're cruisers! But Brady's not crusing yet! I like the yellow package, not the blue one! I don't want to change yet! Lucky for me they make an 'in between' size that is perfect for our growing boy... and they are still in the yellow package, titled Swaddlers. Yay! We're now officially in "2-3" diapers.

We also tried a sippy cup for the very first time. We've started juice, and our doctor's suggestion was to start a sippy cup with that, since it's a new taste anyway. I usually give him about 4 ounces of dilluted juice and today he finished a little more than two ounces in the sippy cup. I know he's still getting used to it, so I consider that a great accomplishment for the day!

Also... did anyone else know that there are multiple sizes of Soothie Pacifiers? Kendra Hall mentioned it to me a few weeks ago and I had never noticed before. In my opinion, you can never have too many pacifiers, so at the store I decided to get some new ones, and sure enough... there they were. 3 months + Soothies. They come in pink and blue! (I hate to admit this but I had just had a 'discussion' with Jeff on which I insisted that they only came in green. Ooops). So we upgraded our pacifiers too. (Yes, I know we should probably be getting off the pacifier all together, but hey... one thing at a time, people).

But here's the BEST thing: Jeff heard Brady say "Da-Da" yesterday! (During the disaster that was the Cowboys game, I might add). He was feeding him his juice and afterward Brady was sitting on Jeff's lap and I said, "Are you sitting with Daddy?" and he intently looked at me and said loudly... "Da-Da".... Jeff's eyes got so big, it was priceless! Now he can't stop trying to get him to say it again! (I bet he believes me now, huh?)

So that, in a nutshell, has been our life the past few days. We're over the bumps and bruises that were developed last week, and we're onto new things this week! Yay!

(Below are pictures of us at the rehearsal dinner on Friday! Thanks to the Justin, Joanna and Becky for keeping the Bug for us this weekend!)


1 comment:

S, J, B, & S said...

Becky ~ That is a great idea! Although I know how much scrapbooking we would get done ... about ZERO. :) But we could get together just for fun and use it as an excuse! Maybe we could burn our fav scrapbook stuff on cd's and bring copies for everyone to share/trade? Oh, and thanks for the link ... I need to check that out. See you soon!!
S