Thursday, November 19, 2009

dear brady.



dearest brady,

we had the most wonderful afternoon yesterday, i just had to write it down so i wouldn't ever forget. the weather was cool outside and we decided to go for a little walk down our street to collect some autumn items.

you were absolutely precious, carrying your bucket the whole time. you picked up every single acorn that you saw, and you just had to take the 'top' off of it before throwing it in the bucket. you pointed out planes to me, and squealed with delight as you watched them cross the sky. after they were gone, you'd turn to me and sign 'more'. honey, i'm so sorry i couldn't make more planes come!

we waved to a few scarecrows that we saw along the way. we petted a dog that was way bigger than you, but thought you were the best. we sang songs and picked up pretty leaves and rocks along the way. you were so happy, and smiling from ear to ear. you were talking up a storm, begging me to understand your 'words', but i just couldn't, although i tried my best.

all of these things were wonderful, but they are not what made it so special for me. sweet brady, the entire walk, you held tightly onto my hand. whenever you bent over to pick something up and put it in your bucket, you'd reach right back up for my hand. it was the first time i noticed you were holding my hand, and not me holding yours. you absolutely melted my heart. it was one of those precious moments, where i wished that time could just stop, and we could stay there a tiny bit longer.

i look forward to so many more precious moments along the way, but i just had to re-live this one for you, as i will be telling you about it someday. i love you, sweet boy.

{mommy.}

1 comment:

Brian and Kambry said...

Such a sweet, sweet post, Becky, thank you for sharing such precious moments!!