Monday, January 25, 2010

crazy love.

has anyone else read this book?

amazing. inspiring. challenging. convicting. encouraging. uplifting.

all of these words come to mind when i think about my time with the Lord this morning - led out of the pages of this book.

i will take the liberty to summarize the brilliance of francis chan in the first part of chapter 2:

***DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be preachy, as it is more of a confession of a struggle I didn't know I had, and a struggle that I feel many busy, stressed out women can find that they have too. It kind of sneaks up on you - without you realizing it! Okay - move on, now!***

"'Rejoice in the Lord always. I will sa it again: Rejoice!' {phil 4:4} You'll notice that it doesn't end with '...unless you're doing something extremely important.' No, it's a command for all of us, and it follows with the charge, 'do not be anxious about anything' {vs. 6}. .... When I am consumed by my problems - stressed out about my life, my family, and my job - I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important than God's command to always rejoice. "

hmmmmm..... if that doesn't bring you to your knees before Him, let me keep going.

"Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives. Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control. .... Both worry and stress reek of arrogance. .... I am still dumb enough to forget that life is all about God and not about me at all."
Can I get an amen? Does anyone else feel like you just got slapped in the face? Who am I to stress out about making it to a play date on time, or making sure all of the laundry is done or getting all of my errands run for the day? Shouldn't I rather be looking for ways to glorify our Sweet Savior throughout my day - doing the laundry, running errands, meeting friends to play? Shouldn't I rather count it a privelage to have a roof over my head, food on my table, water to drink, and a family to love and serve?

He wraps this section up like this:

"The point of your life is to point to Him. Whatever you're doing, God wants to be glorified, because the whole thing is His. It's His movie. His world. His Gift."

I don't know about you, but I knelt before the Lord this morning and asked Him to show me how to start making my life one big, fat, arrow toward Heaven. It's not about me, and all too often I forget that.

It's simple really.

It's all about Him, and doesn't He deserve it?

If you find that you're walk has become dull, boring or dry. Pick up this book, to help jump-start that spark in your love-relationship with the Lord again.


No comments: