Thursday, January 07, 2010

for my hubby.

{I seem to be doing good on goal #13, huh? We'll see what it looks like in a month!}

Okay, so for dinner last night, I made some breaded chicken, bruschetta and then these.

Yes, another Pioneer Woman recipe {I seem to be using her cookbook as a bible lately}.

Burgundy Mushrooms.



Let's just say, I think that the Hubbs dreamed about these last night. The thing is, it makes a lot of mushrooms. As in, 2 pounds {and I halved the recipe}. That's one pound per person. Oh, but I forgot to tell you, I don't eat mushrooms. In fact, I loathe them. If it were up to me, they would be banned from cooking all together.

I have a little bit of a problem though - because the Hubbs loves them. They are his very very favorite side dish... and the really good ones, the ones I made last night, could be his favorite main dish.

So, when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it.

{How does that saying go? 'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach'?}

These puppies cooked for nine hours. You heard me, nine.

They smelled so good though, I had to try one. I have to admit, they tasted really good. But it's not the flavor I don't like, it's the spongy, rubbery texture. eeeeeewww!!!!!

Anyway - if you have a mushroom lovin' hubby like I do - try this dish. Especially when you need to ask for something. I think I could have asked J. for a trip to Italy last night and he would have given it to me. I'm not kidding.

No comments: