Friday, January 01, 2010

happy new year, ya'll!

last night, the hubbs and i had a simple, nice, night in and i got to cooking....
remember how i said i got the pw cookbook? yeah, well, it's been keeping me really busy.
{it's also part of my resolutions that i'll post more on tomorrow}

for new year's eve, i cooked these enchiladas.
just ask jeff if they were yummy. (we're eating the leftovers for lunch as we speak.....)



the night before NYE, i made my first-ever chicken fried steak. {do fried dishes scare you as much as they scared me???} we took lots of pictures because i don't normally cook anything but casseroles and easy pasta dishes. i actually thought this was going to be really hard, but it turned out the enchiladas were a lot harder to prepare. (not harder, they just took longer - like an hour longer). BOTH of these dishes were fabulous and we ate every last drop. {i can't find her chicken fried steak recipe on-line... it must only be in the cookbook}.

i don't even like chicken fried steak and i ate all of my piece it was so yummy. i didn't make the gravy because we were hurrying to get to a last-minute movie, but we will be making it again with the gravy soon. {j. says gravy MAKES the c.f.s., but i'm in doubt that it could taste any better!}

the assembly line... just like PW would do it!

oops... here comes the mess!

ready to be fried.... yummmmmy.

all fried up, next to my homemade mashed potatoes!

3 comments:

The Links said...

Some of her recipes scare me too, but I'm going to try to try them all. I have planned to make her Cowboy Calzones this week.

I'm excited to hear that the Chicken Fried Steaks weren't that hard. Matt will LOVE those!!

The Links said...

The barbecue cupcakes I made weren't a Rachel Ray recipe. A friend told me about the recipe. I just remember the ingredients and searched online for it. I ended up finding it on a blog I already read. Kelly's Korner. She posted them here on her recipe blog....http://kellyskornerrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/03/meat-cupcakes.html. She usually posts some pretty yummy recipes. I've tried quite a few. You should check it out!!

Brian and Kambry said...

YUM!! I loved your post, and love your new blog layout, too--so pretty! Happy New Year to you :)