Tuesday, January 05, 2010

DAY ONE

So, yesterday was my first OFFICIAL day of training for my half marathon. I've been working for a while to consistently run 3 miles throughout the week so that this week wouldn't be as brutal. Well, yesterday was rough {as much as I prepared for it and everything}!

I made a mistake in running only outside for the past two weeks... and I got spoiled. Soooo spoiled. So yesterday, when I got on the boring treadmill at the gym, I was out of my mind, crazy uninspired. I even had an awesome playlist prepared... but I forgot that I can't turn it up that high in case I get paged from the 'fun club'. Which I did. For a dirty diaper. With .4 miles left. I kept going until they paged me for a second time. I was at 2.8 and I couldn't bring myself to go all the way back upstairs and put b. back in the nursery to run .2 miles.

Oh well. I'm moving forward. Tomorrow I shall run 3.2 to make up for it in my weekly mileage. I'm planning on going bright and early before the Hubbs leaves for work so that I can blast my iPod so loud that my ears are ringing when I'm done. We shall see.

For now - here's my playlist:

In Love With a Girl - Gavin DeGraw
Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
Real World - Matchbox Twenty
Forever & Always - Taylor Swift
Black Horse & the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
You, Me and the Bourgeoisie - The Submarines
Single Ladies - Beyonce'
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Mercy - Duffy
Love Song - Sara Bareilles

No comments: