Sunday, January 24, 2010

just another 'step'

This morning we woke up bright and early to participate in the "Resolution Run". It was supposed to be a 'fun and challenging' course for all. A 10K. {6.2 miles for those of you not versed in the metric system}.

Let's talk about this 'fun and challenging' course. Have you ever been to McKinney? Joanna labeled it the "rocky mountains" of north Texas, and I would have to agree. Although - the hills looked much more intimidating when we were driving to the YMCA and not when we were actually running them.

With all that said, we DID run it. Run it all. At an 11:22 pace {which is great for us}. AND we went to church afterward. Yup. 2 months ago, I couldn't run 10 minutes to save my life and today, with the help of my running buddies, I ran an hour and 10 minutes - and it didn't even kill me.

I have to say that my favorite part of the race was when we were running up a short, steep, hill and I started yelling 'attack, attack, attack' outloud. I burst out laughing as I realized I was doing it, and it honestly relieved some tension for me! At least we could laugh at ourselves, right?


Here we are coming down our last hill... all in a row.

rI love Joanna's face in this picture. I think she was probably talking, but it looks like she was concentrating really hard!



oB. wouldn't let me put him down for this pic. :)

My precious boys made me a sign last night.
{Aren't they so cute in their Sunday Best?}

No comments: