Monday, May 12, 2008

5 Weeks Old!



So we're now at 5 weeks! Not much development except that our hearts grow with love for our Baby Boy every day. Yesterday, on Mother's Day, Brady, Jeff and Georgia made me pancakes for breakfast! Brady also gave me a beautiful photobook that his daddy helped him make!

So, new things at the Leach house... Brady has started to recognize himself in the mirror. I'm not sure what he thinks he's seeing, but he definitely stares at himself in the mirror and it catches his attention for some time (and then he'll get distracted again by the lights). We put a little rattle on his carseat and he has started to notice it and focus on it more... even though he completely looks cross-eyed when he does it! :) He LOVES tummy time and sometimes when he's fussy I'll put him on the blanket for tummy time and he'll quiet down... for a while at least. He's starting to push with his feet more and his arms. He has started to hold his head up a little bit when we put him on our shoulder. He is starting to smile... we haven't got a full-on smile (except for when he's asleep and he's dreaming I can see a big smile sometimes) but we get the corners of his mouth to curve up a bit. (I've posted a couple of pics of it.) I think his first big smile is going to be at Georgia... he's already starting to smile at her when she gets close up to his face! (Look real close at the picture of them together... do we have a smile?) He also LOVES to watch his Baby Einstein videos... we'll be needing more of those soon!

So everyday now there's a little bit more expression... either he looks at me longer than he did the day before, he smiles longer or he makes a new sound. I've heard that in the next few weeks it should get really fun! I'm so excited for his first real smile and even more excited about laughter! How fun?!


No comments: