Tuesday, May 27, 2008

7 Weeks Old!!



This week has been a fun one! Brady is starting to be so alert and so smiley!! The trouble is that sometimes when he cries at nighttime, we think it's just for us to come in there and see him smiling! This morning was the first morning that he smiled BACK at me when I went to go get him though. What a special treat!



I guess we've "officially" dropped our middle of the night feeding. Brady has started to sleep from 10 until right around 6. Since we're trying to get him to go until 7, I'm trying to pacify him until then... but this one has been a little trouble. I'm not quite sure how to go about getting him to 7, so tonight we are going to push our 10:00 feeding back to 10:30. He's been so sleepy at 10:00 for the past few nights that he won't finish his bottle, and we think that if he finishes his bottle then maybe he'll get to 7?! Ha. The joys of sleep 'training'.



Our little Man has also started taking 5 ounces in his bottle at every feeding! He is almost consistently finishing them already! He loves to eat, but he's still so tiny!! I know that he's getting bigger for sure, but whenever anyone sees him, their first comment is always "He's so little!" But, I think he'll make up for it in the long run.... and remember, we're going for a quarterback, not a linebacker.



He LOVES to stretch out, especially when we're changing him. We call it his "superman" move because it looks like he's flying!! The other morning I came in to get him from his crib and he had come out of his swaddle and all I could see were his arms straight up in the air! I hope he doesn't think he's just going to take off without a running start!



I also think that he's now discovered Georgia. He looks at her now when she sits next to him and if she moves, he'll follow her with his eyes and move his head. It's so interesting to watch him discover the world around him. It makes me realize how many little things I take for granted!



Yesterday, for Memorial Day, we swam at my parents' house. My dad warmed up the spa just so that it was like his bathtub water and he LOVED it. After he was in the spa he did not want to go back to colder water in the pool! Georgia had fun with the beach ball and was mourning the loss of it after she killed it. (See picture below... notice that she's wet? She slipped in when she was trying to get the ball out of the pool). We're looking so forward to what God has in store for our little Brady Bug this week!







P.S. If you have an extra hour in your day (Yeah, I know... what am I thinking?) take a look at this blog. Make sure you have some kleenex handy and start from the bottom up. She is such a beautiful writer and is so honest about her faith. It may take you a few sittings, but it is totally worth it and God has taught me so much through her writing. I hope you are blessed by her transparency as much as I have been.

2 comments:

Olson Family said...

You are in such a good place, my friend! 10-6 is GREAT!!! AND he is finally doing his "responsive" smiles:) He'll be going to 10-7 a.m. in no time! I love the picture of him stretching...SOOOO cute! You are such a wonderful mommy!

The Drama Mama said...

Hey Becky! Thanks for allowing me in to your lives! I have been trying to catch up on all the great things Brady has been doing. He is absolutely precious! I LOVE (and miss!!!) this stage very much!