Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The End is Here.

So today is the Grand Finale of American Idol. I cannot tell you how much I look forward to this day every year. (I know, that's totally weird, but it's true). And especially this year. Jeff and I both really got into this year and we have not missed a night. (Even in the hospital we watched it, but not as intensely as we usually did). We each had favorites from the beginning and I have to say that none of our favorites are in the finale. Jeff and I kind of have a competition as to who can pick the winner the earliest... he probably doesn't know that I think of it as a competition, but if I ever picked the winner from the beginning, he would know it and be reminded of it every day!

As most of you know, my absolute favorite contestant was the cute Michael Johns. (I've added some of his songs to my playlist). And although I don't think he ever really came into his own, I think he's going to be big. I also like that he's married and his wife was always there cheering him on. (I've noticed that I really like the married contestants... i.e. Chris Daughtry and Carly Smithson). Michael Johns is neck and neck with my favorite A.I. contestant ever... Chris Daughtry. I truly think that if this had been any other season, that Michael would have definitely gone farther than he did... mainly because I was in the hospital the week he got kicked off and I didn't get a chance to vote as much as I usually do! :)

Jeff's favorites from the beginning were Brooke White and Kristy Lee Cook. Now I totally get the Brooke White thing, but not the Kristy thing. I mean, what's the deal with her? I never thought she was THAT great.... I truly didn't even think she'd make it to the top 12!! And Michael got kicked off before her! I know if you're honest with yourself, that you KNOW that wasn't right!

Anyway, I have to say that I love David Cook and I'm totally done with David Archueleta (or however you spell it). I think he has an incredible voice, don't get me wrong, but he's so incredibly awkward. Joanna pointed out how weird it was when he sang "My Boo" last week... and I have to totally agree. He's awkward. And even though the judges didn't particualary like David Cook last night, I have to say I loved every one of his songs... especially the last one. I thought it was beautiful. He has an incredible voice. So I'm still predicting him to win!!

So, tonight will be bittersweet for me in the land of television. I'm so glad it's two hours long, so I can savor every last moment of it. I don't remember if it was last year or the year before that Prince made a surprise visit and it was an absolutely AWESOME finale!! I hope this one does the greatest season ever justice! I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself once I have Tuesday and Wednesday nights free again!! How great is reality television? (Oh, and did anyone notice that the playbacks at the end last night did NOT match their performances? Go back and watch it if you have it recorded and you'll see what I mean!! They both sounded 'off' in their playbacks, but they weren't at all in their performances... hmmmmm...... is this a lawsuit waiting to happen???) :)

No comments: