Monday, December 28, 2009

sewing project #1.

so.... i was dying to use my new sewing machine that santa brought me. i finally got it threaded last night and then played around with some scraps of fabric and different stitches my machine makes. tonight, though, i decided i was brave enough to attempt my first 'project'. (i was still using my scrap fabric so i didn't feel too much pressure not to mess up).

i originally got the idea here.

of course meg's is MUCH cuter than my feeble attempt. the pillow part isn't that bad, the circles, however, are another story. but before you judge, please keep in mind this is my very first attempt to use my sewing machine... to actually make something, that is.

oh - and no, i was not attempting to get the circles centered... (the hubbs asked me that question).





2 comments:

Stephanie said...

i like it!!!

also - i have a blogging question... and i am so desperately techno-un-savvy that i should probably call you with it... so that i can explain. it is how you get your text all lined up on the side... i try, and try, but can't figure it out...

Anonymous said...

VERY cute! Can't wait to see what else you come up with to sew! I loved seeing pictures of your house at Christmas- I'd love to see more of your new home!