Monday, February 14, 2011

my little muffin {and other fabulous randomness}.

happy valentine's day to all.

i love this day. not really for any one reason in particular, but just because.

first. my little muffin is three months old {give or take 3 days}.



i took the liberty to start a 'letter' to her on friday {her actual 3 month birthday} but i didn't quite finish it. so today will have to do.

my dear charlotte -

you are so teeny tiny, yet so big all at the same time. despite my best efforts, i constantly think back to what your big brother was doing - and you're definitely more alert, chunkier {in the best way} and more interactive with us. you still aren't too interested in the physical stuff - rolling over, reaching for toys, etc. but that's totally fine by me.

because you are simply content. and i just love that about you.

you look more & more like your daddy everyday {although you do have your momma's chubby cheeks}. your smile is just.like.his. it makes my heart swell every time i see the corners of your mouth curl ever so slightly downward. i love that you seem to be the perfect mix between me & him. *sigh*. i could just cuddle you forever & ever.

you are now a great sleeper. it took a while to get you going - but once you were a little bigger you got the hang of it quickly. we could & probably should drop the dreamfeed - but you're so sweet & cuddly during that time. you just nuzzle us and eat and then fall right asleep in our arms. it's beyond precious.

i love you, sweet girl. and am looking forward to all of the girlie things we're going to get to do together... for now, i'll leave you with this song. it makes me think of you every time that i hear it. 



***********************************************************************************

okay - so enough sappiness. {but as a momma, it needed to be said}.

today is valentine's day! and my kitchen is already smelling of heaven. the hubbs is in for a real treat.

i've had to push my "reset" button already a few times today. everyone at target seemed to be cranky. {including my precious little girl}. apparently the lady behind me was annoyed that c. was crying - despite my best efforts to hold her while swiping my debit card AND loading my groceries back into the cart. i desperately wanted to turn to her and say, "if you want to check out faster pick up a bag and help a momma out!" ugh.

then i forgot something so i had to go to yet another insane grocery store.

reset.

now, there is a momma bobcat & three babies roaming our street. YES!! and it's such a great day for a walk {that we WON'T be taking now.... wish me luck explaining that to the bug!!!!}

here's a picture of two of the babies at the house across the street. they apparently saw something in MY bushes right after this picture and the momma darted into our yard. the babies are probably twice the size of georgia & then momma is the size of a small lab? scary! {click on it to make it bigger!}



{i called 911 because it was all happening so fast and i needed them to know where they were! the dispatcher got snippy with me saying this was life or death emergency.... but now that kids are walking home, alone, from school on our street.... is that not an emergency???}

ugh.

reset.

again. {this time with creamer coffee.}

can't wait to share all of our yummy goodness from tonight - tomorrow. i'm making all of jeff's faves! hoping it turns out well!!!

happy valentine's day!

1 comment:

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Just wanted to stop by and say "hello"! I am friends with Ryan and Mel and Mel shared your blog with me over the weekend. It's so much fun and your kiddos are adorable. Happy Valentine's Day!

Kelly
http://www.fabulouskblog.com