Tuesday, February 01, 2011

follow up.

first of all:

thank you so much to those of you who commented on my long & dreary post or sent me emails, texts, phoned, etc. you are such a blessing. i didn't even know i needed encouragement. but apparently i did. it did WONDERS for the soul. even to hear that my words were encouraging to some of you encouraged me. i had no idea that post could be ANYTHING but depressing. but i guess that's how the LORD works, huh?

secondly: 

i want to clarify {since a few people asked} that this 'wilderness' or whatever you want to call it is NOT at all like the post partum i experienced with brady. i can safely say that this isn't hormones. {or at least 90% of it isn't}. it's just a 'funk'. but not lonely and dark like the post partum was. i can't exactly describe the difference but it is different. {but - if you are experiencing post partum at all and need to talk, i have a bit of experience with it. tiny, but some. just know that it's normal!}

third: 

GOD IS FAITHFUL. after i finally said my feelings out loud, GOD has blessed me in so many ways. for starters, the very next day was sunny & beautiful. i needed fresh air. {didn't we all?} but i really needed it. i pulled up our flower beds. b. played outside.

it. was. wonderful.

then the hubbs surprised me with a weekend getaway toward the end of february. so excited. {not to mention that it knocks something off of my thirty things list. yaya!}

and then i got the nice {but firm} kick in the pants on sunday night that i needed. it was not what i wanted. but it was DEFINITELY what i needed. a little chastening goes a long way. it does not feel good when it's happening but it is definitely worth it in the end. {not that i'm at the end. i'm NOT.}

so. i've started putting one foot in front of the other to get things in order around here. and it's amazing how the LORD has multiplied my time. please know that i recognize that this is NOT my own strength pullling me through this. it's not. it can't be. it's HIS.

i'm praying that i glorify the LORD with my time.

and i already feel better. i'm a work in progess.

but, i guess we all are though, right?

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Love your honesty...and follow up. I feel like it's SO easy to fall into a "funk". It can happen without realizing and before we know it and then we're like, "wait a minute. how did this happen? I was fine."
But God is SO faithful. I LOVE when He makes His presence and love for us known in the smallest and most detailed, personal, perfect ways.
So glad you've been encouraged the past few days!