Friday, February 04, 2011

p.s.

i'm thinking about 'un-privatizing' my blog. {yes, i know that's not a word...}

i put it to private in the first place soon after b. was born because i received two NASTY anonymous comments on a blog post about our 'parenting style'. i was devestated. who knew that i would care so much about something someone said - who i probably didn't even know, to say the least.

needless to stay. i'm much stronger now. much more confident in how i parent... and much less caring about what others think {or how other people parent. to each his own, in my opinion}.

so, i've reached my 'limit' of permissions. and i have other friends that i want to be able to read it. {let's be honest - they want to see pics of the kiddos}. i thought about duplicating my blog. but that's a LOT of trouble. i started to do it. but it's a whipping. so. the only other option is to go public.

has anyone else had problems with nasty comments? i know now that you can disable anonymous comments.... what do you think?

2 comments:

Kim said...

I was going to make my blog private as well, but once I realized how much work it is to go private, I am thinking I won't. When it comes to the comments, I have it set so that I have to "approve" the comment before it goes on the blog. Thus, I don't have to worry about the anonymous comments. I can just delete them and move on. The blog has also become my way to communicate to others, without having to talk to everyone about things going on in life. It's has been kind of like therapy, you could say. Allows me to share my life and maybe inspire someone or let someone know they aren't alone.

Stephanie said...

oh becky! i would love you to go "public" {because you would feed into my reader!!} your blog is one of my very favorites that i read... sometimes i feel like you are on the same wavelength as i am just on the other side of the metroplex! {were you in my head about the today show? arghh!!} and you are so stinkin' funny...you are creative and truly UNIQUE! xoxo, s