Monday, January 12, 2009

Daddy Daycare



On Saturday night, I got to go on a "Mommy Night Out" to dinner and a movie. (We saw Bride Wars which was such a great chick-flick!) Anyway, it is kind of funny at dinnertime when there are like 8 of us and we all have our cell phones out on the table. Of course, mine rings halfway through dinner and it's Jeff - so ALL the girls at my end of the table were listening.
"What's wrong?!" I ask.
"Oh, nothing... we just wanted to say hi. We're in the wagon on a walk and then we're going to take a bath."
"Isn't it kind of cold for a walk?" I ask.... like any mommy would.
"Well, it's kind of cold... but he's got his puffy vest on. We won't be too long."
"Oh, ok, have fun."
I got off the phone and look at my girlfriends and asked, "Isn't it dark and absolutely freezing outside? It's 6:45 and they're on a walk!" They replied with the simple truth... 
It's Daddy Daycare. This is why a daddy is a daddy. They are fun. There are no rules... and they do things that mommies wouldn't do. This makes me love Jeff and the time that his little boy and him spend together. (And it helps that I get some girl time as well). 
When I was loading pictures onto my computer tonight... I came across these pictures that Jeff must have taken at their bath time! :) Too cute. Our baby is becoming more of a little boy every day.

1 comment:

Missy Rooney said...

That is too funny! We had a similar experience- I will tell you about later.