Friday, January 09, 2009

Living with a Nine Month Old.


So, I've been kind of uninspired when it comes to photographs of my Little One lately. I got pictured out over the holidays, but was dying to get some "9 month" pictures of Brady. In hopes of doing so, I hauled my camera to our playdate at the mall and I'm sure the other Mommies thought I was so weird.... because I ended up with great pics of all the other kids, but not any noteworthy pictures of my own! (Feeling sorry for me, right?)

Anyway, we haven't been going anywhere special these days and of course, it's winter and everything is 'dead-looking' outside, so I had kind of given up hope of getting some fun pictures that captured Brady's personality at 9 months.... that was until the opportunity presented itself this afternoon!

Around 3:15, I heard the Bug waking up from his nap in the best mood... he was quite talkative to say the least. When I went in there, we were playing hide and seek and when I was laying on the ground, waiting for him to peek over the bumper to 'find' me, I thought... "this is it!" so off to grab my camera I went!

I think I got some fun ones! I also added some at the end of us trying 'real' bananas for the first time!  I'll put all the 'stats' and happenings at the end for those of you who are just in it for the pictures!







in this one, the Bug is out of focus, but i love it.



looking for georgia.







not so sure about the bananas

yuck! (he ended up eating all of them)

So at 9 months, we're at 19 pounds, 6 ounces. We're 28 1/2 inches tall and his head circumference is in the 40's somewhere. (He was moving around so I wasn't particularly paying attention to that number as much). He's crawling, pulling up, cruising and just now using a sippy cup.... but not for his formula. He isn't interested in that in the bottle OR in the sippy cup. Any suggestions? The doctor said not to worry about it too much, but I get nervous that he's not wanting more than 2 or 3 ounces a time when we were doing 8 ounces for times a day. I tried offering it in a sippy cup and we're onto the second kind... yet he doesn't want it out of that either! 

We got the okay to start trying some 'soft' table foods - so I did bananas today. I've tried stuff like crackers, bread and potatoes before.... but this was the first thing that didn't necessarily 'dissolve' in his mouth. He did okay after he got past the weird texture of it. They did kind of make a mess though - they got stuck on his clothes and stuff.... but Georgia sure had a fun time eating stuff that was accidentally dropped on the floor!

He is definitely a bundle of fun.... but a bundle of trouble too. He's starting to get into everything... and just yesterday he literally started to follow Georgia around. She's super sweet to him... but I can tell you was startled by the fact that he is moving. I'm trying to get a good video of the two of them together - but it isn't happening for me quite yet.

2 comments:

Jeff and Steph said...

The doctor told us the same about table foods...but without teeth, we're taking it slow! I sure wish he had teeth. I've been giving him chopped pears (as well as kiwi and banana) and just mashing them up with a fork. He's doing pretty good with those. I've also given him very small bites of our meat we eat at dinner and he's done great with those. I just make sure they're really small (since he can't chew them up). Poor guy!

Super cute bug you got there!
Stephanie

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

LOVE your pictures. he is just precious! have you tried sippy cups with the straws? those are the only one's hudson likes? just a suggestion! sorry i didn't make it to the movies tonight. i am so tired...hudson decided to wake up extra early this morning and i have to take my mom to the airport early tomorrow morning as well. please let me know when you go again and hope y'all had fun!