Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Pack and Play

I've been trying to 'train' Brady on the Pack and Play time for about 2 weeks now. Every day I try to put him in it right after he eats in the morning... that way I know he is WELL rested and WELL fed. How could he be any happier? It's normally his very best time of the day! He's been doing "okay" until yesterday when the instant I set him down, he started throwing his first 'temper tantrum'.

Oh my goodness. Kicking, Screaming, Crying for 10 minutes. (I set my timer, that's how I know). Before I took him out I made sure he calmed down. As soon as I came in there he started laughing and smiling at me (I knew that he was just fine in there!) So I was thinking that this is going to be a LONG haul trying to get him to do the Pack and Play over the next month or so.

But then today, it was like a dream. He played and played in there. He made the sweetest noises and he did it for (get this) 20 minutes!! I did the first 10 and he was doing great, so I added 5 more and then 5 more until I took him out! (I'd like to work up to 30 minutes, but I didn't want to take advantage of this wonderful attitude he was having today!) Yay! (I bet tomorrow it will be back to the temper tantrum!)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Ok Mom...how do you know how to do all of this?!? Do you hire out for training sessions? Your little Bug is toooo cute these days!