Friday, June 05, 2009

Fourteen Months - Almost

B. has been so much fun lately. I can't believe I've turned into one of "those" moms that says with each coming month, "This is the most fun age EVER!" I have to confess... it IS!! B. is all over the place. He's into everything, he's curious, he's bright, he's a hefty eater and he's such a HOOT! He makes me laugh almost every day (while making me just as frustrated almost every day).

He's totally understanding of what a 'No' is and what a 'Yes' is. He is turning into his daddy more and more every day. He wants to figure it out HIMSELF... yet he gets frustrated if he can't do it right. With the little shape sorter, he tries to push the shapes in SOOOO hard, he turns red in the face! Occasionally he'll get one in, but if I try to point to the right shape, he pushes my hand away, as if to say, "Mom, I'm a big boy... I can do it." I love that about him... It's one of the things I love best about the Hubbs, so why am I surprised that I find it so endearing in our son?

B. and Georgia are the very BEST of friends. It's been an absolute joy to watch them grow in their interaction. They play chase and B. digs her toys out of her house and then will crawl to her and hand them to her (even when she doesn't want them). When we get home, he IMMEDIATELY wants out of my arms when he sees Georgia and they seriously tackle each other. (I've yet to get a video of this). They really do almost everything together now. Wherever he is, she is. Wherever she is, he is. It's totally adorable.

B. babbles - A LOT... and it's gotten to the point where he looks at me as if I should know what he's saying. I don't. I could swear I've heard him say 'up' a few times... and he DEFINITELY calls Jeff 'DaDa'... very distinctly in fact. He basically yells it when he sees a picture of him, sees his truck pull up or if he walks in the door. It's as if he's absolutely positive that he's calling him the right thing. He also points to Georgia and says "Duh". I consider this to be "dog". I mean, come on... you've got to give him one!

One of the best parts of our day is waiting for J. to get home. We eat dinner and then we change in our jammies and play in B.'s room and wait. Both Georgia and the Bug constantly look out the window. I'm not sure he totally knows what he's looking for, but when that white truck pulls up, he figures it out! (In fact, the other day, Jeff had my car, and B. kept pointing out the window and saying "DaDa" and then he'd look at me - all confused. Melted my heart).

I'm so excited to see the coming changes this next month. He's absolutely becoming my Little "Big" Man. It's awesome.





No comments: