Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Not Me! Monday



I've never done a Not Me! post before, but I thought this warranted one. Here goes.

I did not wake up at the crack of dawn yesterday morning to read the next chapter in the Teeny Bopper Classic, Twilight. I did not then proceed to read while my precious son was eating his Eggo waffle and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Not me!

I did not forego all of my housework yesterday, including washing our clothes, folding the laundry that has not been sitting in the dryer for three days, putting away the dishes and taking out the trash, in order to read a few more un-interesting pages in my book. I did not drive thru Sonic yesterday for lunch... and I most certainly did not read my book while I waited.

I did not manage to bring Edward up in every conversation I had yesterday. I did not have to resist every temptation to read the last page of the book, and I did not look up the preview for the next movie. No, not me!

After all that I did NOT do yesterday, I definitely did not stay up until midnight finishing the Epilogue. I did not find the book interesting at all, and I most certianly will not be getting the next book today. Nope, you've got it all wrong... not me!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love it! I knew you would be hooked! I read all four in 7 days...you can imagine the state of my house, child, husband, cooking, laundry, etc. etc. :)

Have fun!

-Stephanie Kazenske

Karen said...

I am soo glad to hear you like it! I felt silly suggesting it, but am just as obsessed. I loaned my future mother in law the books and am counting the days till I get them back so I can re-read them!

JPO said...

Ha Ha I love it!!

The Bird Family said...

I LOVE those books - I read all four over Thanksgiving Break! I was obsessed. I have not seen the movie yet but I want to :)

Terri said...

Becky - oh my goodness! This CRACKED me up!!! I was / am totally obsessed too! Amy Robinson got me into it at the end of last year...