Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A Good Read?

Okay Ladies (and the few gents that read this)... I'm in need of some good BEACH reads. I'm in the process of reading 3 books right now, but they're all pretty deep, and although I desperately want to finish them, I'm thinking I don't want to read about shepherding a child's heart or what captivates a woman's soul while sitting on a beach. (Do I sound totally shallow, or are you sistas feelin' me?) I feel like these books are wonderful, but they're work to get through... does that make sense? I kind of just want those books that are mindless... that make you laugh until you cry. The kind of book that I would not be able to put down and have to finish just to see how it turns out.

Although I love her, I'm kind of Karen Kingsbury-ed out. I've read a ton of her books and I'm kind of taking a break. Any other suggestions for good, shallow, mindless books for the beach?

8 comments:

JPO said...

Read the book "It sucked. I cried".....soooo funny!! Or you could read the first 6 chapters of my book :)

Jen said...

Ok - embarrased to say these...but the Twilight series and the Confessions of a Shopaholic series...both totally mindless - yet I loved them :) Have fun at the beach!

Stephanie said...

Becky...I am sure you have heard about the Twilight craze...but let me tell you, they are soooo much fun to read...easy, romantic...not cheesy...and not nearly as teeny-bopper as the movie makes it seem...and even though there are vampires, not gory or gross...you would totally like them.

i hope you are doing well...i really would love to get together...i know we tried once...but now the boys could actually play together! so much fun!

love,
stephanie kazenske

Anonymous said...

"My Sister's Keeper" is a great read! "Same kind of different as me" or "Kite runner" are great too!

Karen said...

I am not much of a reader myself (as a matter of fact I usually don't read at all but I am trying to get into it), so I am looking forward to comments that your friends leave with suggestions! Sorry to say all I have read is the Twilight series (which I loved, and was a quick lighthearted page turning read) but I asume if you wanted to read it you would have by now!

The Russ Family said...

Francine Rivers Mark of the Lion series is really good! Couldn't put them down and read all three in about three or four days!!

Jenny M said...

Oh my gosh- I have a good one for you! I started a book club in Tyler, and our first book was called Summer at Tiffany by Majorie Hart. You must read! The author even emailed me after she found out we selected her book for the club. She is so sweet! Here is the link to it on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Summer-at-Tiffany-Marjorie-Hart/dp/0061189529

About the art lessons thing- I would totally drive in to Dallas a couple of times a month to do lessons!

Jenny M said...

And, I am thinking of picking this super fun book next for the club... http://www.amazon.com/One-Special-Summer-Lee-Bouvier/dp/0847827879