Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bittersweet

On Wednesday afternoon, Brady and I headed over to Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children to take a look at the progress of the construction project I worked on while I was at HKS. I would LOVE to say it was all my project, but the truth is that there was a ton of collaboration and many, MANY re-designs before it got to this point. Before I left, they had just begun the construction phase of the project. My sweet friend Lauren, took over for me and I had full confidence in her that she would do a wonderful job carrying it through... and she did MORE than wonderful. It's perfect, and I know it took a LOT of work on her part to get it to look this way!

What made me even more proud is that she was SO excited to show it to me! She emailed me earlier in the day and said that she had that feeling that you get when you know you got someone the perfect gift for Christmas and you're waiting to see their reaction when they open it! It was such a wonderful, Christmas present, Lauren! Better than I had even imagined!!

It was so bittersweet for me, and for a while I even debated going to see it because I knew I would be sad and miss working on something like that. Please don't get me wrong, I love my "job" as a stay at home mommy, but Scottish Rite was near and dear to my heart. It was the very first project I worked on and there were so many people there that I built relationships with... let alone the WONDERFUL work that they do as a hospital. Can you believe that no one has EVER paid for a service at that hospital? It's amazing, and it takes a lot of amazing people to make that happen!!

Here are some pictures of the progress for the conference center and new main entrance at Scottish Rite! I wish I had before pictures so you can see just how much better it is!!









1 comment:

Jenny M said...

My best friend Heidi is a new doctor there. I will tell her that you had a hand in the decor!